Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Default Nitrous on top of Boost

alright, so the @popo8 mentioned something to @Ltconvert today when we were assisting in placing his motor inside (gotta protect the awesomeness from the camaro), and now he's been bugging me the whole 2 hour ride home.

Spraying a wet kit on a forged 383 that is currently at 10.1psig of Boost (ported le trickflow 21 degree heads, maxed out p600b), would this be safe and feasible to do? just on quick research I'm seeing a 50hp wet shot will act more like a 100hp shot due to the cooling effects of the nitrous, thus allowing the boost to be more effective.

has anyone here turbo or sc sprayed ontop of Boost, how was it set up, etc. thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

Buddy of mine sprays his SC Fox Body with a 50 shot of NOS as a means to cool the incoming air. He has used methanol also. Said he lost minimal HP with the methanol. He mainly sprays methanol now due it's a lot cheaper and more readily available. Uses a good washer solvent. His is activated with an adjustable boost reference switch. I have both for when I someday get to build my engine. Hopefully that happens soon!!! I will caution you on this, Hagerty Insurance will not insure a car with Nitrous. If you're in an accident and they find out you have NOS they will not pay the claim. At least that's what they told me. Of course I found this out after I purchased a NOS kit. So then I bought a methanol injection kit to use instead which they were ok with. Other insurance companies may be the same way. Just so everyone is aware. I plan on using the Meth just because it's safer than NOS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1QUICKZ28 View Post
    Buddy of mine sprays his SC Fox Body with a 50 shot of NOS as a means to cool the incoming air. He has used methanol also. Said he lost minimal HP with the methanol. He mainly sprays methanol now due it's a lot cheaper and more readily available. Uses a good washer solvent. His is activated with an adjustable boost reference switch. I have both for when I someday get to build my engine. Hopefully that happens soon!!! I will caution you on this, Hagerty Insurance will not insure a car with Nitrous. If you're in an accident and they find out you have NOS they will not pay the claim. At least that's what they told me. Of course I found this out after I purchased a NOS kit. So then I bought a methanol injection kit to use instead which they were ok with. Other insurance companies may be the same way. Just so everyone is aware. I plan on using the Meth just because it's safer than NOS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I don't see the need for meth with the power it's making, it doesn't knock and it's not a ton of Boost, we are inquiring more to add more power, hence the nitrous question. the p600b is maxed, so other means become necessary

2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Bob
    Vehicle
    1995 Roadmaster

only person I knew that ran both (N2O + turbo) used a 50 shot to help the car off the line but IIRC he didn't spray it all the way down the track.
    3.8L V6 out of a GN in a tube chassis with a Geo Metro shell runing low 9s @ 145 mph with 1.3xx 60'...
    It's been several years since I've seen him at the track.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirtybob For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28

we use a 50shot on the G-Body to help spool the turbine outta the hole. as far as using like a full 300 shot for strictly performance and to add more HP on top of a charger. I have not seen that.
    94 Z28 - 396 - TH400 - 9in - SLOW

8. The Following User Says Thank You to agenthol302 For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by agenthol302 View Post
    we use a 50shot on the G-Body to help spool the turbine outta the hole. as far as using like a full 300 shot for strictly performance and to add more HP on top of a charger. I have not seen that.
    was thinking 50 to 100 shot

2021 Charger Scat 392

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    I don't see the need for meth with the power it's making, it doesn't knock and it's not a ton of Boost, we are inquiring more to add more power, hence the nitrous question. the p600b is maxed, so other means become necessary

Ok I should have worded differently. Did he make more power with a 50 shot of NOS? Yes. Was like 90 something HP. He then switched to meth and was able to go more aggressive on his timing which equated to more HP also. He only lost something like 15-20 HP between the Nitrous and Meth. I was stating that you can make more HP with either and meth can be comparable to a 50 shot of Nitrous. Anything more than that I can't speak of. This was a Ford Fox body with a 347 stroker and a Vortech SC. Somewhere in the 750hp range. No where close to get NItrous here so that's why he switched to meth injection. I have both to try on my car someday if I ever get the funds to finish the build. Damn home projects are killing my fun money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 1QUICKZ28 For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28

The Nitrous shortage is real, some places are charging double to triple what it used to be!
    94 Z28 - 396 - TH400 - 9in - SLOW

13. The Following User Says Thank You to agenthol302 For This Post:

I would say you should be most concerned with losing fuel pressure if you steal fuel off the main rail to feed wet shot. That and I think I would have the wet shot be after the IAT sensor
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    I would say you should be most concerned with losing fuel pressure if you steal fuel off the main rail to feed wet shot. That and I think I would have the wet shot be after the IAT sensor
    plate kit

this thread is dead now though. plans have changed, and this isn't happening on this car anymore.

2021 Charger Scat 392

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast