Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well, going back to meth and getting more boost, have you looked into spraying pre comp wheel?
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shownomercy For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    Well, going back to meth and getting more boost, have you looked into spraying pre comp wheel?
    on a sc? no I havent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    on a sc? no I havent

Its one of those heavily debated topics that has no clear answer but it may help squeak a little more out of the blower by lowering its temps and increasing its efficiency a tad.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shownomercy For This Post:

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Jeff Green
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala SS

FWIW -- I have done it for years and it does work. Small shot if you just want to cool the air but big amounts can let you keep your smaller supercharger for the street and still make huge power numbers.

Down side -- Any forced induction is not very equal from cylinder to cylinder so it moves the nitrous around just like the air. Can be a real handful to tune because of the cylinder stagger it creates. I think that's why not many do it and most of the guys wanting that kind of power are not driving their cars around so they just get a supercharger or turbos that are big enough to make the large power. But you would not want to drive those on the street.

short answer, it works but you better be really good at tuning and have a lot of pistons until you get the balance figured out.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Green For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Green View Post
    FWIW -- I have done it for years and it does work. Small shot if you just want to cool the air but big amounts can let you keep your smaller supercharger for the street and still make huge power numbers.

Down side -- Any forced induction is not very equal from cylinder to cylinder so it moves the nitrous around just like the air. Can be a real handful to tune because of the cylinder stagger it creates. I think that's why not many do it and most of the guys wanting that kind of power are not driving their cars around so they just get a supercharger or turbos that are big enough to make the large power. But you would not want to drive those on the street.

short answer, it works but you better be really good at tuning and have a lot of pistons until you get the balance figured out.
    Jeff, thank you very much for your insight. this is on hold for a bit as we are building another car. more room than an fbody, but not as yacht like like a b body. we will be spraying a 355 lt1 that we are swapping in.

one day the camaro may end up with spray ontop of the little p600b procharger, time will tell. I'm not good enough at tuning, lol

2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Jeff Green
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala SS

Jeff, thank you very much for your insight. this is on hold for a bit as we are building another car. more room than an fbody, but not as yacht like like a b body. we will be spraying a 355 lt1 that we are swapping in.

one day the camaro may end up with spray ontop of the little p600b procharger, time will tell. I'm not good enough at tuning, lol

50 or 100 shot shouldn't hurt you. Going 200 or more is when it really shows up as a tuning issue.

Don't be scared of it in small amounts, it will make more power than just the amount of nitrous for the reasons already listed with changing the air density. Richen up your blower just a little bit if you're going to spray or better yet, run more fuel on the nitrous side so the blower fuel/air ratios are correct when the nitrous isn't on.

Whats the old saying, ask me how I know that

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Green For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Green View Post
    50 or 100 shot shouldn't hurt you. Going 200 or more is when it really shows up as a tuning issue.

Don't be scared of it in small amounts, it will make more power than just the amount of nitrous for the reasons already listed with changing the air density. Richen up your blower just a little bit if you're going to spray or better yet, run more fuel on the nitrous side so the blower fuel/air ratios are correct when the nitrous isn't on.

Whats the old saying, ask me how I know that
    haha. man I hope to one day have a quarter of the knowledge that you have for these motors/computers. car needs a 9" bad. rear is the weakest link. that and fixing a surge issue. may tune the dfco throttle percentage table to zero to see if it stops it

2021 Charger Scat 392

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

haha. man I hope to one day have a quarter of the knowledge that you have for these motors/computers. car needs a 9" bad. rear is the weakest link. that and fixing a surge issue. may tune the dfco throttle percentage table to zero to see if it stops it

My rear will be up for sale soon. Just as soon as i can get chris to go over it amd either make sure its ok... or fix it before selling.

Im not only an LTXtech member... Im also the Owner.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

be careful on maxing out your 600, if you over spin it, the impeller can let go and the shavings will all be ingested into your motor damaging everything, ask me how I know...

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoeHorsePower For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoeHorsePower View Post
    be careful on maxing out your 600, if you over spin it, the impeller can let go and the shavings will all be ingested into your motor damaging everything, ask me how I know...
    it's not being overspun, it's 2k rpm impeller speed below max rpm. if we would've stepped down to the next pulley it would've been 2200 rpm over max at 6500rpm. it's gonna stay right where it is until a bigger blower arrives

2021 Charger Scat 392

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12