Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

No I just replaced it . And the opti and and cover seals, belt and flushed the cooling system. And anything else. But I was loosing coolant as well.
    Last edited by Stormyweather; 05-11-2017 at 12:18 PM.

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Matt
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyweather View Post
    No I just replaced it . And the opti and and cover seals, belt and flushed the cooling system. And anything else. But I was loosing coolant as well.
    I think I'm gonna go ahead and take your advice and purchase an electric water pump for it, I'll probably also put a 160 degree thermostat in there as well. It'll be a couple of weeks till I get it installed, but I'll definitely update and let you know, thanks.

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    JB
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28 1996 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by xbadchadx View Post
    I think I'm gonna go ahead and take your advice and purchase an electric water pump for it, I'll probably also put a 160 degree thermostat in there as well. It'll be a couple of weeks till I get it installed, but I'll definitely update and let you know, thanks.
    You'll probably need to program your fans for the 160 T-stat also

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Same as everybody else...350 small block, double hump heads, 3/4 cam

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Just a reminder the cover seal on the timing cover is a dual lip seal and must be installed with inner lip facing inwords and the outer one facing out words. I used a 1/4 drive Dee socket that fit the seal and drive to help guide the seal on .if you don't the seal will leak.

It's not how fast you mow. It's how you mow fast.

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Wait your going the electric route nevermind.

on the phone using Tapatalk

Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by xbadchadx View Post
    I went EWP 18 years ago after my car warranty ended. Dealership replaced several weeping WP's and dead optis as a result under warranty. 500 mi after my warranty ended I noticed the then 500 mi old AC Delco WP weeping....pulled it and went with the Meziere EWP. 18 years and 90k mi now and not a coolant exposure on opti failure since. Make sure you wire a relay & fuse VERY well on the install of EWP

On your assumed injector problem. Don't buy new injectors. Send yours to www.cruzinperformance.com. Rich there does a very good job. You get a B&A printout of injector function after he does the service. IIRC about $12-$15 per injector
    96 BBB 383/T56

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BALLSS For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Matt
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Cathead View Post
    You'll probably need to program your fans for the 160 T-stat also

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    I've got a manual fan switch.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Matt
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28 Camaro

Thanks everyone for the advice. Since this post, I haven't installed the electric water pump (although I've purchased it) or haven't had the injectors cleaned yet. I did however purchase a new set of headers, during the install I found a loose spark plug on the passenger side, after installing the headers and replacing the plugs (and tightening them, lol) I'm pleased to say that the stutter, or bogging down @ 1200RPM while stalling the car is gone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12