Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post

Talk to @Injuneer about Second Street Speed in Perkasie PA.

There's no doubt that Bill Hunsberger, the tuner at Second Street Speed knows the LT1 engine. Second Street was building 1,000+ HP S/C LT1's almost 20 years ago. But they were not using the stock PCM. Bill at the time was one of only 6 tuners in the USA authorized by MoTeC for "general performance tuning". Kenny Duttweiler was one of the other five authorized, so you know MoTeC had high standards. In addition to S/C apps, they were excellent for nitrous, particularly dry systems. In the late 1990's I don't think many people were using turbos on the LT1. But, Hunsberger tuned numerous Mustang turbos, GNX's, and even Porsche turbos (one was at 1,600 HP).

Eventually I think he started tuning stock LT1 PCM's if you brought the software. DFI was what Bill used on N20Dave's 720 HP normally aspirated LT1. Love those SB2.2 heads.

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/adv...dyno-s-529313/

So... if interested in a tune on an LT1 PCM, call Second Street and ask. I don't know if they tune the LSx PCM's but I'm betting they do, given the much greater capability of the unit. Why dump $5,000 on a MoTeC M800? I haven't been there in several years. I suspect I will be up there later this year to have the Formula checked out so I can sell it with a clear conscience.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    said keith is more than capable

Ben's car reflected that. Wouldn't hold a steady idle......"just drill a hole in the TB." Riiiiiiiight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post

Ben's car reflected that. Wouldn't hold a steady idle......"just drill a hole in the TB." Riiiiiiiight.
    saw a keith tune for a built 383, stock except injector constant changed. literally, that's it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Ben's case was a split in the fabbed intake elbow (for a stock style tb to Super Vic Manifold connection) that Keith tried tuning through. On a MAF car. smh
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fastbird For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    There's no doubt that Bill Hunsberger, the tuner at Second Street Speed knows the LT1 engine. Second Street was building 1,000+ HP S/C LT1's almost 20 years ago. But they were not using the stock PCM. Bill at the time was one of only 6 tuners in the USA authorized by MoTeC for "general performance tuning". Kenny Duttweiler was one of the other five authorized, so you know MoTeC had high standards. In addition to S/C apps, they were excellent for nitrous, particularly dry systems. In the late 1990's I don't think many people were using turbos on the LT1. But, Hunsberger tuned numerous Mustang turbos, GNX's, and even Porsche turbos (one was at 1,600 HP).

Eventually I think he started tuning stock LT1 PCM's if you brought the software. DFI was what Bill used on N20Dave's 720 HP normally aspirated LT1. Love those SB2.2 heads.

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/adv...dyno-s-529313/

So... if interested in a tune on an LT1 PCM, call Second Street and ask. I don't know if they tune the LSx PCM's but I'm betting they do, given the much greater capability of the unit. Why dump $5,000 on a MoTeC M800? I haven't been there in several years. I suspect I will be up there later this year to have the Formula checked out so I can sell it with a clear conscience.
    does anybody have any videos of n20dave's car? i wanna hear this thing
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Do a search on his name ("N20Dave" is actually a numeric "0", not a letter) on the Advanced Tech forum on CamaroZ28.com. I thought there was a video of the dyno testing ar Second Street, but who knows if the links still work 10 years later.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

So, OP did a drive by and never gave back story?

Lame
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shownomercy For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    So, OP did a drive by and never gave back story?

Lame
    as most do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1995 trans am

Add not pulled sorry minds racing ...

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    1995 trans am

Sorry guys totally forgot about this posting thanks for all the suggestions will be making some phone calls .
    The first place I had it tuned was in jersey blunt creations sent me a good base tune to start the car and drive it to him but soon as I got there I should of left they couldn't even get the dyno set up right to read hp didn't add enough timing didn't even look over car before hand ... well sent their tune out to Bryan from pcm and he said looks like they didn't add enough timing and second pull on dyno reached 600lbs of torque at 8 maybe 9lbs of boost and went boom destroyed 6 of the 8 pistons recked the cylinders while in top of two pistons ...
    It was my own fault for being impatient but this time I need someone reputable .. again sorry for long response time and thanks for the suggestions I will be calling suggested places to see if they still do lt1 I'll keep yous posted on book marking this so I don't forget about it this time ...thanks again

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast