Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

If you have a .csv file of a data log, I'll take a look at it. I am NOT a tuner, but I do review data logs for people regularly for troubleshooting.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Why aren't the tuners on this site standing behind their tunes. I paid a different tuner that advertizes here also. and my LT1 is still throwing black spots of fuel all over my driveway. Are they not actually capable of doing what they charge for?

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

I don't know my tune maybe perfectly fine but I figured he might not mind looking over the datalog and seeing if everything looks good? I'm not bashing anyone I paid for a mail order tune and that's what I got.

I'll send the datalog when I get home this afternoon, thanks

I'm not bashing either. I just keep seeing these same problems arise. the tuner I used did look at the data logs and modified the tune. but he never fixed the tune where it wasnt throwing fuel all over my driveway.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to superspirit For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

Gotcha

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by superspirit View Post
    I'm not bashing either. I just keep seeing these same problems arise. the tuner I used did look at the data logs and modified the tune. but he never fixed the tune where it wasnt throwing fuel all over my driveway.
    sure it's not fuel but actually condensation from shitty gas? it will still smell like fuel since it went thru a combustion process. both nate and Moe are very good, but remember guys, they have real jobs and lives too. this is side things for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    sure it's not fuel but actually condensation from shitty gas? it will still smell like fuel since it went thru a combustion process. both nate and Moe are very good, but remember guys, they have real jobs and lives too. this is side things for them.

Yes I'm sure, as an ASE certified master auto tech I know the difference. 10 miles to the gallon with a 6 speed isnt right either. the rich smell is so bad the vehicle can only be driven with the A/C on and the windows up. It will flat choke you otherwise.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by superspirit View Post
    Yes I'm sure, as an ASE certified master auto tech I know the difference. 10 miles to the gallon with a 6 speed isnt right either. the rich smell is so bad the vehicle can only be driven with the A/C on and the windows up. It will flat choke you otherwise.
    sorry, not to offend, but then tune it yourself? sounds like you have an injector bleeding thru or stuck. but I'm sure you checked that with a temp gun already on your headers, or looked at your plugs, or looked at a log of your blms, right?

2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Sounds like when my #4 injector was stuck. Same issue simple fix .

Sent from my HP Pro Slate 8 using Tapatalk

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    sorry, not to offend, but then tune it yourself? sounds like you have an injector bleeding thru or stuck. but I'm sure you checked that with a temp gun already on your headers, or looked at your plugs, or looked at a log of your blms, right?

I have checked everything that I can think of. including replacing 02's, MAF, map and coolant temp sensor. I am positive it is in the tune, all injectors flow the same in an injector balance test. All plugs are equally covered in black soot.

As for tuning it myself I am learning how to do that now but more with HP tuners on my OBDII truck. The LT1 blazer is just a toy. and gets close to getting me in trouble everytime I drive it so it's on the back burner till the crewcab camper hauler runs perfect.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to superspirit For This Post:

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast