Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by superspirit View Post
    It's easy enough to check without a teardown. pull the pcv and breather tube out of the valve covers, put a piece of tape over the pcv valve hole and squirt a lil carb cleaner in the breather hole. If it changes then it's got a leak at the intake gaskets.
    you would leave pcv on side of intake connected to check this, you would plug the breather tube to tb with tape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Just a thought.... his LTFT's were all substantially below 128. A vacuum leak would drive them above 128. The MAF seemed to be reading too high at idle. Again, opposite of a vacuum leak. In both data logs I mentioned a potential problem with the MAF readings being higher than I have normally seen. That would over fuel it and drop the LTFT'S down.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

@Injuneer
    thats what was confusing the heck out of me, they were reading below 128 witch would mean it's running rich. But when I added fuel it smoothed everything out witch was making me think maybe it had a vaccum leak? When I would take fuel away the computer would get closer to 128 but the jerking and poping would actually get worse.
    Now is SD it is running phenomenal, gonna work on the idle at start up and leave the rest along untill I get a wideband.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

Put about 300 miles on the car just running open loop and it seems to be doing fine. I just spent hours trying to adjust the ve tables to get it to run correctly in closed loop and NOTHING I do makes it any better.
    Cant find any exhaust leaks, all sensors SEEM to be working fine.
    So my question is how bad is it on the car to be driving 100% of the time in open loop?
    Last edited by fullforce; 07-15-2017 at 05:34 PM.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    2006 Chevrolet Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by fullforce View Post
    Car has alot of surging unless there is a large load on the engine witch im trying to tune out some. Also seem VERY rich at idle. Whats the best way to try to lean it out under light load? Ive got tunerpro rt setup.
    Started with a mail order tune witch obviously I knew would need some adjusting, Thanks.
    I'm having a very similar issue in my car. I just put the Jet Tuner on my lap top.

Sent from my SM-G930VC using Tapatalk

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

Well I never fixed my closed loop surge. I've been running open loop for 1500 miles and it runs perfect.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718