Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    "The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Not at all...

Im not only an LTXtech member... Im also the Owner.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoeHorsePower View Post
    If it has sat since 16 I would run a can of 44K by BG fuel injector cleaner thru it, forget the auto parts stuff, this is what the dealers used to clean out the injection systems (im sure some use others) but at one time this was not for sale to the public, If you have dirty, clogged injectors this stuff WILL clean them out. You cannot get this at your local auto parts other than NAPA, you have to go to an auto dealer to get it..
    $16 on Amazon, I've used it before

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 76Ventura View Post
    I think I will try something like that. Is the "home base" even necessary?
    I think the "home plate" purpose is to reduce resonant noise from the air flow. The F-Body had a long plastic tube (aka the "donkey dong") that hung down about 18" in front of the engine, making the elbow almost impossible to remove and replace. Everybody took it off.... using a Pert shampoo bottle cap for a plug.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

It's one of two silencers on the b-bodies and they work really well. You can barely tell if the car is on with those silencers and a stock exhaust.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    96Z M6, ERE-383 #60, AFR 210s, LE cam, 9", Procharger D1, ???whp
    95 Roadmaster T-56 swap, LE1s, baby cam, 4.56s, "The Cammaster"
    95 Firehawk hooptie, bolt-ons and suspension

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Deek
    Vehicle
    1976 Pontiac Ventura

"Stock exhaust"... so I DON'T need that! My car definitely does not have that. I like my muscle cars loud. I'll try that soon sometime and post results.
    '76 Pontiac Ventura - "Eileen"
    "Come on Eileen, oh, you know what I mean..."

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Deek
    Vehicle
    1976 Pontiac Ventura

Alright folks, I got another brain buster for you. My battery seems to be dis-charging overnight (when it's really cold out). I thought it was the radio draining it, so I yanked it. My alternator works just fine and I have a new battery. This is driving me nuts, I have to jump my car in the morning with a portable jump starter (thank god for them). Any ideas on where I should start? I'm half considering just having a battery cut off switch.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Shorted out alt can do it. Disconnect batt and reconnect is there a spark? Disconnect alt then do it again is there a spark. What im getting at is. If the battery is fully charged, and you get a spark when you connect it something is on either a audio amp or something or a short. Ive seen alt draw power while not running and still charge. Audio amp even though the radio is off can still be on. Have the alt tested. Then if not check the next big ticket item and so on.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Deek
    Vehicle
    1976 Pontiac Ventura

Fixed the battery problem. Now, there's something up with the engine bogging down. It's fine under a little press on the gas, but any more than half throttle it sputters and backfires something awful. It bogs down hardcore. I honestly have no idea what it could be. Throttle position sensor? Getting too much fuel? Just replaced spark plugs about a week ago. I severely hope it's not the Optispark. I've heard horror stories about that...

Update: I saw a video of a Camaro that sounds like the exact problem, and they said it was a bad fuel filter. I'll be going to Advance very soon to pick myself one of those up.
    Last edited by 76Ventura; 05-22-2017 at 08:04 AM.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Check the fuel pressure before replacing parts. At idle, and out on the road under load.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 76Ventura View Post
    Now, there's something up with the engine bogging down. It's fine under a little press on the gas, but any more than half throttle it sputters and backfires something awful. It bogs down hardcore. I honestly have no idea what it could be.
    As noted, check your Fuel Pressure. Ideally you want a gage with a hose on it so you can tape the gauge to windshield and watch it under the driving conditions the problem occurs

If just reving the motor the gauge dives down...than yes you have a fuel pressure problem. A clogged fuel filter will cause this...but often it is a failing fuel pump.

Some auto part stores have a "loan-a-tool program where you can rent a gauge, or buy one.

Your FP may be fine...just need to rule it good/bad before throwing parts at the car. If you want a fuel filter is fairly cheap and "may" resolve your issue if you feel you want to try that 1st. Like any other filter on the car the fuel filter is a maintenance item
    96 BBB 383/T56

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast