Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Deek
    Vehicle
    1976 Pontiac Ventura

Default LT1 not getting fuel

Hi guys. I'm new to LT1s, so please bear with me...

Earlier this year, I bought a 1976 Pontiac Ventura that has the wiring harness, engine, and transmission out of a 1995 Chevy Caprice 9C1 (police car). It has the LT1 and 4L80E. I'm having trouble getting it started. Hasn't started since about October of 2016.

Now here's my problem: it's just turning over. If I spray starting fluid into the intake, the car fires for a split second and then dies. Can anyone give me an idea where the fuel isn't going through? I'm getting fuel through the line, through the fuel pressure regulator. Is it possible that all 8 of my injectors are clogged up, or is it another problem? Thanks in advance for the help.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Well lets start with fuel pressure. Have u checked it at the rail... right at key on.

Im not only an LTXtech member... Im also the Owner.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Deek
    Vehicle
    1976 Pontiac Ventura

As soon as I get out of school today I'm going to go over and try getting it going. I'll start there.
    '76 Pontiac Ventura - "Eileen"
    "Come on Eileen, oh, you know what I mean..."

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Ok. Post up what u are seeing for the readings. Also see if it will continue running if u keep spraying it or if it stalls either way. If u cant keep it running and u have good fp... it may be ur vats

Im not only an LTXtech member... Im also the Owner.

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Have you scanned it for codes? Have you checked for 12V on the pink wire at each injector harness connector (key on)? The PCM supplies the ground to fire the injector. Have you checked for the ground pulse with a 'noid light? Have you checked the fuses for the injectors? Have you listened to the injectors with a stethoscope to see if you can detect a pulse?

And it has run OK in the past?
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by 76Ventura View Post
    Hi guys. I'm new to LT1s, so please bear with me...

Earlier this year, I bought a 1976 Pontiac Ventura that has the wiring harness, engine, and transmission out of a 1995 Chevy Caprice 9C1 (police car). It has the LT1 and 4L80E. I'm having trouble getting it started. Hasn't started since about October of 2016.

Now here's my problem: it's just turning over. If I spray starting fluid into the intake, the car fires for a split second and then dies. Can anyone give me an idea where the fuel isn't going through? I'm getting fuel through the line, through the fuel pressure regulator. Is it possible that all 8 of my injectors are clogged up, or is it another problem? Thanks in advance for the help.
    check to see if the pcm is feeding the fuel pump constantly 12v thru whatever fuel pump relay they installed. the factory one sucks and I just had to jump it out. it was doing same thing you're describing. here the vats module was acting up or the pcm ground off the coil side was bad.

pump would prime, car would start then immediately die, prime and die, prime and die. then wouldn't prime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Weston Ketner
    Vehicle
    1995 trans am

Dumb question.... Does this have a vats system? Or didn't bbodys have that? I never messed with anything other then an fbody.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kitt8090 For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by kitt8090 View Post
    Dumb question.... Does this have a vats system? Or didn't bbodys have that? I never messed with anything other then an fbody.

yes all lt1s had passkey/vats. if it's not fully tuned out and deleted that could be the problem. most people just delete all the modules and stuff, but don't delete it from the tune and wonder why it doesn't run

2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Weston Ketner
    Vehicle
    1995 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    yes all lt1s had passkey/vats. if it's not fully tuned out and deleted that could be the problem. most people just delete all the modules and stuff, but don't delete it from the tune and wonder why it doesn't run

Ok. That was my thoughts... Dead battery kicked it back in partially..... Or something triggered the PCM into being stupid.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kitt8090 For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Dont Vats keep you from cranking as well.?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast