Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    "The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Guess this is what ur messenger message was about on fb. Ugh.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

investigation reveals a previous idiot owner did this
    yeah that's the slave rod with a glob of weld on it. we ground it down and it helped a little, but still fork grinds pressure plate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

Default T56 Fork suddenly hitting and clutch slipping

Engineering at its finest. LOL!

That may be causing it to push too far which may be the cause of the fork hitting the Pressure plate.

If I'm remembering correctly there should be a half plastic ball on the end of that. Been awhile since I had mine out. New ones have it installed and keeps rod compressed for easier install. Straps break when you first hit the clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1QUICKZ28 View Post
    Engineering at its finest. LOL!

That may be causing it to push too far which may be the cause of the fork hitting the Pressure plate.

If I'm remembering correctly there should be a half plastic ball on the end of that. Been awhile since I had mine out. New ones have it installed and keeps rod compressed for easier install. Straps break when you first hit the clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    we ground it down and it still hits pressure plate. plan is to order new stock replacement hydros to replace old McLeod tilton adjustable master and slave, we've surmised the system must be getting air in it and causing the slave to not release enough, thus causing clutch to only partially be engaged

Last edited by SSlowBoat; 04-02-2017 at 02:17 PM.
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E

Lurker

Status

man someone did a hack job on that slave tip

It caused the clutch to over extend so the fork would then buzz the PP

Check to confirm a PO did not also cut down the slave spacer also in whatever attempt he had in trying to get a clutch to disengage when the problem was other issues.

as noted there should be a plastic cup on the end of the slave so you don't have metal/metal contact with fork. New slave will have it which would also be "strapped" to the slave body for easy initial install. Those straps break when you push the clutch in 1st time, normal.

The Tilton McLeod used to use as a MC had issues where they leaked. The hole the fluid goes through the bore is not chamfered and rubber cup of the plunger would tear on it. McLeod now uses the Wilwood MC. Nice unit

For a single disc clutch just get stock sealed hydraulics and install as a unit

FWIW the pic in post #7 is mine. I have posted it in various threads to show difference in the 2 TO bearings. The square top one was used in vettes. I run it in my McLeod Street Twin now. It came with a Spec clutch I used to have
    Last edited by BALLSS; 04-02-2017 at 02:53 PM.
    96 BBB 383/T56

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BALLSS For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by BALLSS View Post
    man someone did a hack job on that slave tip

It caused the clutch to over extend so the fork would then buzz the PP

Check to confirm a PO did not also cut down the slave spacer also in whatever attempt he had in trying to get a clutch to disengage when the problem was other issues.

as noted there should be a plastic cup on the end of the slave so you don't have metal/metal contact with fork. New slave will have it which would also be "strapped" to the slave body for easy initial install. Those straps break when you push the clutch in 1st time, normal.

The Tilton McLeod used to use as a MC had issues where they leaked. The hole the fluid goes through the bore is not chamfered and rubber cup of the plunger would tear on it. McLeod now uses the Wilwood MC. Nice unit

For a single disc clutch just get stock sealed hydraulics and install as a unit

FWIW the pic in post #7 is mine. I have posted it in various threads to show difference in the 2 TO bearings. The square top one was used in vettes. I run it in my McLeod Street Twin now. It came with a Spec clutch I used to have
    I've seen your posts on other sites about these issues before. question, the plastic ball adds thickness. when I first installed this clutch, pedal engage and disengage was at the very very top 1" of travel.

-wouldn't the cup being on the end effectively make it nearly as long as this numnut made it with welding a glob on end?

-is it possible the slave isn't fully retracting due to an issue with the hydros and basically keeping the clutch halfway engage/disengaged hence causing slip?

we ground it down so the slave rod was the original length, and it still buzzed the flywheel. I am ordering new stock replacement pre bled hydros now, hoping to have them before weekend, and gonna try to get zoom/summit to replace the pressure plate

2021 Charger Scat 392

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Is it hitting cause its bent now?

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Is it hitting cause its bent now?

fork doesn't appear visibly bent or cracked.

2021 Charger Scat 392

Lurker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    -wouldn't the cup being on the end effectively make it nearly as long as this numnut made it with welding a glob on end?

-is it possible the slave isn't fully retracting due to an issue with the hydros and basically keeping the clutch halfway engage/disengaged hence causing slip?

we ground it down so the slave rod was the original length, and it still buzzed the flywheel. I am ordering new stock replacement pre bled hydros now, hoping to have them before weekend, and gonna try to get zoom/summit to replace the pressure plate

that glob welded on end looked to be thicker than what the plastic cup is but yes it extends the length of the rod vs not having it. It is there so you don't get metal to metal contact with the fork

yes it is possible the slave is not retracting far enough from pressure the MC may be keeping on it if it has a issue

I believe that Tilton also has a adjustable rod end which may be adjusted to far out

On the McLeod Street Twin when I installed it with their larger 13/16 MC that came with it my fork buzzed the PP before full clutch disengagement. Had to take about 1/8" off the "T" stud per McLeod. You should not have to do that with a single disc clutch

I suspect your issues will be resolved with new hydraulics....assuming the fork is not bent and on the "T" stud correctly and the lip of the TO bearing is not peeling back
    96 BBB 383/T56

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BALLSS For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by BALLSS View Post
    that glob welded on end looked to be thicker than what the plastic cup is but yes it extends the length of the rod vs not having it. It is there so you don't get metal to metal contact with the fork

yes it is possible the slave is not retracting far enough from pressure the MC may be keeping on it if it has a issue

I believe that Tilton also has a adjustable rod end which may be adjusted to far out

On the McLeod Street Twin when I installed it with their larger 13/16 MC that came with it my fork buzzed the PP before full clutch disengagement. Had to take about 1/8" off the "T" stud per McLeod. You should not have to do that with a single disc clutch

I suspect your issues will be resolved with new hydraulics....assuming the fork is not bent and on the "T" stud correctly and the lip of the TO bearing is not peeling back
    the rod end was nearly at end, I adjusted it down and all it did was bring the pedal down. fork still buzzed it. the fork does not visibly appear bent. but I have nothing to compare it to. throw out does not appear to be peeling or failing, although I'm gonna try to order a spec or centerforce this week if I can afford it.

with the old clutch when I bought the car, the clutch was very heavy. with the new one it was like butter until this suddenly happened, now it's stiff when going thru travel, and gets to an obvious spot you can feel when the fork hits.

does anyone have a measurement of the slave spacer? we removed it and tried just barely getting the nuts on the studs for the slave to see if spacing the slave back would help, but it still did the same thing.

2021 Charger Scat 392

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast