Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Default T56 Fork suddenly hitting and clutch slipping

well, this is a problem I'm having a hard time finding info on. brand new clutch and flywheel, clutch was engaging/disengaging at very top of pedal travel. no issues going into gear. was downshifting blipped throttle, suddenly hear grinding noise, to the point engine stalls. release clutch pedal in gear and car restarts, notice I can't push clutch pedal down more than 1/3 before it grinds I'm assuming the fork on pressure plate.
    -i can still shift gears fine, just can't depress clutch more than 1/3 of pedal travel
    -clutch suddenly is slipping, it was holding great until this event occurred.

The car has stock hydraulics. is it possible, remotely, that the slave is overtraveling causing grinding, and not releasing all the way causing slip? or should I suspect busted pressure plate?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

Try pulling the slave and make sure the pivot ball didn't break. Check clips on fork also. I'm betting something has the fork bound up. Not sure about slave traveling too far. I would think there's something that would prevent that from happening but I've never tried to tear one apart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1QUICKZ28 View Post
    Try pulling the slave and make sure the pivot ball didn't break. Check clips on fork also. I'm betting something has the fork bound up. Not sure about slave traveling too far. I would think there's something that would prevent that from happening but I've never tried to tear one apart.

I don't understand how I could drive it for 40 miles and suddenly it fucks up

2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

Don't rule anything out. Our cars are 20 plus years old now.

Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Don't rule anything out. Our cars are 20 plus years old now.

yeah true. I would just think that if the pivot broke it wouldn't go INTO gear easily. I can drive it, albeit baby it before it starts slipping, and have no difficulty shifting whatsoever. just can't push clutch more than 1/3 of way down or touch throttle more than 20%.

could a broken throw out bearing be causing the fork to go too far and also be binding up pressure plate fingers, thus causing slip?

2021 Charger Scat 392

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle

That's possible. Seems like the bearings that come with most clutch kits for our cars are cheaply made. Corvette bearing is supposed to be the heavier option. I've had two bearings crack where the fork pulls on the bearing.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 1QUICKZ28 For This Post:

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle

The square one is the better of the two.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 1QUICKZ28 For This Post:

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle

After some research I guess anything is possible.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 1QUICKZ28 For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

After some research I guess anything is possible.

i was just looking at the same thread on the other site. well we will see, hopefully there's a clearly visible issue when I look at it in the morning. thanks man

2021 Charger Scat 392

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle

Hope it's a simple fix. Good luck!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 1QUICKZ28 For This Post:

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast