Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

Default Well I removed the traction control and ABS on the kids car.

Well my oldest son bought a 95 Camaro a year ago. We rebuilt the T56 last year and finally got it in the garage to get it all finished up and going for him this year. After replacing the water pump and Opti he was asking what all this stuff was because my 93 doesn't have it. I said it all useless BS. It's for people that can't drive. LOL. He proceeded to ask if we could remove it. So after some research it was time to pull the traction control and then we decided to pull the ABS while we were at it. So it's all gone. I'll post up pictures of the finished product a little later. 4:10 gears are next and future plans are a nice 383. We already have a set of heads and cam. He wants to do everything at once but keeps forgetting he's on a tuna budget. He has the car addiction. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1QUICKZ28; 04-01-2017 at 05:20 PM.
    Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1QUICKZ28 For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Marc
    Vehicle
    1995 Formula

Nice! I plan on removing my ABS later this year. Did you buy a kit or piece it together yourself?

Sent from my A621BL using Tapatalk
    1995 FORMULA M6

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

Pieced it together myself.

Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 1QUICKZ28 For This Post:

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    JB
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28 1996 Camaro SS

Looks great, so much cleaner without that big abs block to work around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Same as everybody else...350 small block, double hump heads, 3/4 cam

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathead For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Joel
    Vehicle
    1996 camaro Police interceptor

The ABS delete looks good. Wear did you locate the cables to delete the traction control?

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro96 View Post
    The ABS delete looks good. Wear did you locate the cables to delete the traction control?

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk
    Bought a Throttle cable and cruise control cable for a non traction control vehicle. Then removed everything else. Will need to have computer tuned to have everything turned off.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 1QUICKZ28 For This Post: