Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

they'd work, I'd rather run gtp 4 hole design 3's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Lurker

Status
    Name
    wayne
    Vehicle
    96 pontiac ws6

think i might just use these

Brand: Trick Flow Specialties

Manufacturer's Part Number: TFS-89030

Part Type: Fuel Injectors

Product Line: Trick Flow® TFX™ Fuel Injectors

Summit Racing Part Number: TFS-89030

UPC: 842645117282

Injector Advertised Flow Rate (lbs/hr): 30 lbs./hr.

Injector Advertised Flow Rate (cc/min): 309.0cc/min

Injector Impedance: 14.4 ohms

Driver Type: 12V saturated circuit

Overall Height (in): 2.880 in.

Seat to Seat Height (in): 2.270 in.

Manifold O-Ring Outside Diameter (in): 0.573 in.

Fuel Rail O-Ring Outside Diameter (in): 0.574 in.

Outside Diameter (in): 0.943 in.

Injector Plug Style: Jetronic/Minitimer

Wiring Harness Included: No

O-Rings Included: Yes

Quantity: Sold as a set of 8.

Notes: Computer tuning may be required.

In-Store Pickup: Choose In-store pick-up (OH, GA, NV) on our web site.

Trick Flow® TFX™ fuel injectors have so many features, it's no wonder that they are considered one of the best aftermarket injectors available! These fuel injectors atomize fuel better, resist clogging, are quieter, and require less energy to operate than other injectors. Low magnetic stainless steel bodies help prevent moisture contamination, and OEM-style clip grooves eliminate possible fuel leaks. Other features include electronically drilled and machined disc-type fuel control valves, improved nozzles and coil windings, and Viton® O-ring seals to prevent air leaks under extreme operating conditions. High-quality, 1/2 micron filter screens keep foreign debris and contaminants from entering the injectors to ensure proper performance and a long life cycle. TFX fuel injectors are 100 percent duty cycle tested to ensure reliability and performance. All flow values are at 3 bar (43.5 ps

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Cameron
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula

If your gonna go 30#, just get some Ford SVO 30# injectors and save yourself $150. Like stated before most lower end injectors are just rebranded stock pieces from other vehicles with a 50% mark up.
    2012 Sierra - 5.3, Summit "Stage 1" Truck Cam
    1994 Jimmy - LS? LT? 4wd? AWD? Time? Money?
    1994 Formula - 5.3, Terminator X, Billet VS7875, "Best Cam", T56, QP 9"
    Formula Build Thread

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by busafastone View Post
    think i might just use these

Brand: Trick Flow Specialties

Manufacturer's Part Number: TFS-89030

Part Type: Fuel Injectors

Product Line: Trick Flow® TFX™ Fuel Injectors

Summit Racing Part Number: TFS-89030

UPC: 842645117282

Injector Advertised Flow Rate (lbs/hr): 30 lbs./hr.

Injector Advertised Flow Rate (cc/min): 309.0cc/min

Injector Impedance: 14.4 ohms

Driver Type: 12V saturated circuit

Overall Height (in): 2.880 in.

Seat to Seat Height (in): 2.270 in.

Manifold O-Ring Outside Diameter (in): 0.573 in.

Fuel Rail O-Ring Outside Diameter (in): 0.574 in.

Outside Diameter (in): 0.943 in.

Injector Plug Style: Jetronic/Minitimer

Wiring Harness Included: No

O-Rings Included: Yes

Quantity: Sold as a set of 8.

Notes: Computer tuning may be required.

In-Store Pickup: Choose In-store pick-up (OH, GA, NV) on our web site.

Trick Flow® TFX™ fuel injectors have so many features, it's no wonder that they are considered one of the best aftermarket injectors available! These fuel injectors atomize fuel better, resist clogging, are quieter, and require less energy to operate than other injectors. Low magnetic stainless steel bodies help prevent moisture contamination, and OEM-style clip grooves eliminate possible fuel leaks. Other features include electronically drilled and machined disc-type fuel control valves, improved nozzles and coil windings, and Viton® O-ring seals to prevent air leaks under extreme operating conditions. High-quality, 1/2 micron filter screens keep foreign debris and contaminants from entering the injectors to ensure proper performance and a long life cycle. TFX fuel injectors are 100 percent duty cycle tested to ensure reliability and performance. All flow values are at 3 bar (43.5 ps
    stay away, they are reboxed accels. have a 30 lb set sitting on bench we had tuning issues with, like major. moe was going nuts. swapped to some used 42lb svo' s and car would actually start

2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

In my opinion, 30 #/Hr is marginal at best for your application. Starting with your goal, max 380 rwHP, you will be making about 445 HP at the flywheel - assumes 15% drivetrain loss. I actually measured (engine dyno vs. chassis dyno) loss when my car was an M6, and we installed the stroker. Loss was a little less than 15% at 490 flywheel HP, and dropped into the 12% range at 763 flywheel HP. But let's use 15%.

Now, think about HP..... your dyno numbers will be corrected to standard (STD) or SAE atmospheric conditions - air temp, barometric pressure and humidity. But, what if you run on a day with sub sea level conditions? Air temp below 60°F, baro pressure above 30" Hg, low humidity. Your engine will make more than 445 flywheel HP. You need some headroom on the injectors.

Now you have to estimate brake specific fuel consumption (BSFC) for your engine. The online calculators often recommend you use 0.50 #/HR/HP. That is a very conservative number for a modern fuel injected engine. Depends on combustion chamber specifics, quench, injector layout, tune, etc. Again, we measured BSFC on my LT1 and got 0.44 #/HR/HP. That's actually on the low side (very efficient) and I wouldn't use a number quite that low for sizing injectors.

Next, you have to consider injector duty cycle. Online calculators often recommend not exceeding 80% D.C. Again, I think you can bump that up with modern injector design, at least a bit.

After playing with these numbers a bit, my recommendation for the MINIMUM injector size is to multiply flywheel HP by 0.07 .... never had anyone complain that didn't work.

In this case, 445 HP x 0.07 = 31.15 #/HR.

So, a 30# SVO, operated at 43.5 PSI will just get by. Or a 32# injector flow rated at 43.5 PSI. But why "cut it close"? A 36 #/HR injector is a much better choice, allowing some headroom for future upgrades and that track day with ideal atmospheric conditions. No down side to an oversized injector, as long as you don't go nuts. Key issue is turning down the injector to the tiny pulse width required at idle. The stock PCM seems to be fully capable of running 42# injectors with no idle problems.

And, as noted above, stay away from Accel, Trick Flow, etc. Very few companies actually make injectors, and lots of companies just put their name on the box. eBay is now loaded with people selling cheap Chinese rip-offs of name brands, for as little as $90 for a set of 8.... real junk.
    Last edited by Injuneer; 03-29-2017 at 09:25 AM.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    wayne
    Vehicle
    96 pontiac ws6

so there are so many out there which ones if i went 36 are actual going to be the best deal way to many on eBay and other places to figure it out and don't want to pay an arm and a leg ,but would like to stay new with my build

Lurker

Status
    Name
    wayne
    Vehicle
    96 pontiac ws6

i agree with the 36,but had trick flow and others say 30, but i would rather not be close to the margin ether

Lurker

Status
    Name
    wayne
    Vehicle
    96 pontiac ws6

forgot car is a manual

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

so there are so many out there which ones if i went 36 are actual going to be the best deal way to many on eBay and other places to figure it out and don't want to pay an arm and a leg ,but would like to stay new with my build
    fuel injector clinic or eBay for grand prix gtp 36lb injectors. those are your options. anything else off fleabay is a gamble
    forgot car is a manual

2021 Charger Scat 392

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

forgot car is a manual
    Actually, you indicated you were running a T56 in one of your early posts. That's why I used 15% drivetrain loss in my calculation.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast