Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Britt
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28

Default Newbie from CamaroZ28.com

Hi Everyone. Injuneer referred me to this site. I did the LTCC conversion about a year ago and now having the same problem with the opti.. However.. the opti that replaced my OEM opti during the conversion was a rich porter - apparently the worst/cheapest opti out there made in China. I haven't taken the opti off yet so not sure exactly whats wrong with it but I'm guessing its the sensor. Car runs rough the longer its driven, with popping, backfiring, and shuts off pretty much every time I drive it now. LTCC codes are 2 and 3 red blinks. So at this point I am debating whether to spend 500 dollars on a new OEM AC Delco opti made in US, or spend 1000 dollars and do the 24x conversion. I spent money on the LTCC thinking it would save the life of my opti but a cheap opti doesnt help either. Car only has 45k miles on it. I got it 2 years ago, all stock with 38k miles. I just want a reliable car that runs great and no more issues with the opti! Any input would be great
    1994 Camaro Z28 l 5.7L V8 6-speed manual l 45K original miles l LT1 to LS1 coil conversion (LTCC) l Magnaflow Exhaust

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Im a big believer in the stock ignition with delco optis. Delco is all i run on all my lt1s... and Ive had a bunch... from stock... to stroked with boost.

Welcome to the site!

LTXtech.com IS my drug...
    OWNER/ADMIN

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

If your not going 24x, then I recommend you get a good delco or delphi opti and check the opti harness to be sure it's not the problem. I you decide to go 24x I have a kit I've decided not to use. It's listed in the classifieds on here.

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Britt
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28

Thanks. I don't need the whole kit though because I have the coils mounted already.
    1994 Camaro Z28 l 5.7L V8 6-speed manual l 45K original miles l LT1 to LS1 coil conversion (LTCC) l Magnaflow Exhaust

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28

welcome, there is a guy selling a 24x on here
    94 Z28 - 396 - TH400 - 9in - SLOW