Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Thread: Hi everyone

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    tony
    Vehicle
    95 z28 camaro

Default Hi everyone

HI everyone,

A little about me and my car. Currently Located/ Stationed in Jacksonville FL. Proud owner a 95 Z28 A4 for the last year and a half. It has been allot of ups and downs during that time but would not change the times that I have had. A little about the car. Picked it up with a 383 stroker with a hot cam, LT headers and full exhaust and stock tune. Ran completely really bad at times. Made one pass with the car and it ran a 10 sec 1/8 mile new it was not going to be the best but wanted a way to gauge progress. A couple months later with a tune from Solomon and lots of going through the car correcting bad wiring and short cuts taken by the PO went 9.20. Come to find out one of the new plug wires welded its self to the Long tube headers. All new plugs and new wires and routed so they wouldn't hit the headers this time went 8.70s consistently and won a few bracket races in this form but knew there was more and that I was missing something worked with the tune and got some 3.73 gears and a Detroit trutrac and got it down to 8.10s before the stock trans and tq converter and the front suspension ( tie rod ends to bushings so replaced all wearable items) decided it was going to go. So I did what I could at the time got a jegs converter and a trans from a yard while I get the other rebuilt. After swapping all that out the car went a best of 7.90s and has been very consistent there each pass is within 6 hundredths'. So now looking to get the tune dialed in some more and to find out what its putting out at the wheels. Thus far the tune has been completed data logging runs at the track and driving on the street. I have been using here for lots of info in the past and thought it overdue to introduce myself. Lots of info here from what I have found and sure there is even more that I have yet to see.

Tony

launch.jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to red95z For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by red95z View Post
    HI everyone,

A little about me and my car. Currently Located/ Stationed in Jacksonville FL. Proud owner a 95 Z28 A4 for the last year and a half. It has been allot of ups and downs during that time but would not change the times that I have had. A little about the car. Picked it up with a 383 stroker with a hot cam, LT headers and full exhaust and stock tune. Ran completely really bad at times. Made one pass with the car and it ran a 10 sec 1/8 mile new it was not going to be the best but wanted a way to gauge progress. A couple months later with a tune from Solomon and lots of going through the car correcting bad wiring and short cuts taken by the PO went 9.20. Come to find out one of the new plug wires welded its self to the Long tube headers. All new plugs and new wires and routed so they wouldn't hit the headers this time went 8.70s consistently and won a few bracket races in this form but knew there was more and that I was missing something worked with the tune and got some 3.73 gears and a Detroit trutrac and got it down to 8.10s before the stock trans and tq converter and the front suspension ( tie rod ends to bushings so replaced all wearable items) decided it was going to go. So I did what I could at the time got a jegs converter and a trans from a yard while I get the other rebuilt. After swapping all that out the car went a best of 7.90s and has been very consistent there each pass is within 6 hundredths'. So now looking to get the tune dialed in some more and to find out what its putting out at the wheels. Thus far the tune has been completed data logging runs at the track and driving on the street. I have been using here for lots of info in the past and thought it overdue to introduce myself. Lots of info here from what I have found and sure there is even more that I have yet to see.

Tony

launch.jpg
    Welcome, looks like a solid bracket car

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Welcome to the "family!"
    Love reading progress stories.

LTXtech.com IS my drug...
    OWNER/ADMIN

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Welcome, good times no really good times good to see more newbees and you bought a runner.Nice looking as well.

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Ernie
    Vehicle
    97 Mullet

Welcome Tony
    355 LT1 Turbo, Ported TFS heads, LE Ported Intake, LE cam, 80lb inj, Dual pumps 340 & 320lph on e85, etc.....
    www.fquick.com/SleepyZ
    <font color=#ff0000>

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

Hello, I always say Ill never own another LT1.... that was 3 LT1s ago...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to fullforce For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by fullforce View Post
    Hello, I always say Ill never own another LT1.... that was 3 LT1s ago...
    I'm on 4, I sold and rebought #1 though at one point

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    tony
    Vehicle
    95 z28 camaro

Thanks guys. The progress stories will continue I'm sure it is an LT1 after all.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to red95z For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28

Welcome man, sounds like an awesome car!
    94 Z28 - 396 - TH400 - 9in - SLOW

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Welcome! Red is the fastest color

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project