Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    1996 Camaro z28

Default Injector Problems

I've been chasing down a rich condition in my 1994 Z28 and was told I should check to see that all the injectors are functioning properly by unplugging one connector at a time to see if the car starts idling badly which would mean that injector was working.

So i did that, and all of them made the car idle worse except for the #4 injector. Nothing changed after unplugging that one. So I thought maybe the injector was clogged up and I swapped it out for another stock 24lb injector from my other 1996 z28. After I fired it up and did the same process of unplugging that connector, still, nothing changed. So now I'm beginning to think that the wiring on that injector is messed up. Is it common for those to go bad? How could I test that wiring to make sure it's working correctly? I have no experience with wiring stuff so any explanations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading
    1996 Camaro Z28-Built engine project car
    1994 Camaro Z28-Bolt on project car

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike Storm "Stormy"
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am
    Blog Entries

Use a meter on a good one for a base reading then check # 4. You might have bad plug. Thats what I do on ones at work. Im a marine tech on older OBd 1 you cant isolate injectors and thats all o know.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

1995 Trans Am - CAI - TB coolant bypass - Headers & Performance Muffler - Poly mounts - stock LT1/A4 - 13.3 1/4 - 1.9 60 foot , driven daily.
    2008 C6 Corvette LS3 Snake charmer Ram Air intake. 6 Speed Switchable mild to wild exhaust.
    2002 Silverado LT Extd Cab Z71 5.3 A4 Composite Bed Stock

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    1993 Camaro Z28, 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Crew cab dually, 2005 GMC Yukon Denali

You can use a Noid light. You can buy a cheap set on EBay. It will flash as the injector is firing. If it's flashing then you know the injector is getting a signal. If not you may a problem with the wiring or possibly the ECM. You can use an ohm meter to check the injectors. They should all test with in 10% of each other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Stock bottom end, Impala head gaskets, Stock heads w/stage 2 port polish Comp beehive springs, Crane 1.6 RR's, Thunder Racing cam, Cloyes Billet True Roller TC, Long tubes, custom true dual 3" w/X-pipe, Ported intake with 58mm TB, 36lb injectors, PCMforless chip, Tick Performance stage 3 M6, Strange S60 4:10's True Trac 35 spline axles, MSD complete Ignition system, Summit electric water pump and a ton of other upgrades.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 1QUICKZ28 For This Post: