Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

Default Stock rockers with crane 10308-1 springs and Le cam?

I have done a search and have found a few people using stock rockers with aftermarket cams, then I have read some saying certain springs will only work with non self align rockers.

I got the spring set used and Ive eat up alot of my budget finding other little problems here and there.
    Ive got EVERYTHING I need to do the cam swap except roller rockers, rocker studs, guide plates, and of course whatever length push rods I would need after I change the rocker arm geometry.

So my question is, I can easily change the rockers/studs/guide plates and pushrods later but the main question is has anyone ran stock rockers with those springs?

My cam specs are 224/231 .576/.589 lsa 110
    Lift will be lower with stock rockers
    here is a link to them https://www.summitracing.com/parts/crn-10308-1

Thanks, my intake is leaking and opti is soaked in oil or I would just wait and do the cam swap later but since Im going to have everything apart..... Im swapping the cam while its down

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by fullforce View Post
    I have done a search and have found a few people using stock rockers with aftermarket cams, then I have read some saying certain springs will only work with non self align rockers.

I got the spring set used and Ive eat up alot of my budget finding other little problems here and there.
    Ive got EVERYTHING I need to do the cam swap except roller rockers, rocker studs, guide plates, and of course whatever length push rods I would need after I change the rocker arm geometry.

So my question is, I can easily change the rockers/studs/guide plates and pushrods later but the main question is has anyone ran stock rockers with those springs?

My cam specs are 224/231 .576/.589 lsa 110
    Lift will be lower with stock rockers
    here is a link to them https://www.summitracing.com/parts/crn-10308-1

Thanks, my intake is leaking and opti is soaked in oil or I would just wait and do the cam swap later but since Im going to have everything apart..... Im swapping the cam while its down
    I don't know who told you that but those springs work PERFECTLY FINE with self aligning rocker arms. I had gmpp lt4 rockers and comp ultra pro mag self aligning rockers on with those exact springs and retainers, sold the car and it's still running strong with that very setup.

Stock stamped rockers may not clear due to the diameter and height of the spring vs body.

You need to check pushrod length either way when changing cam.

I sent you a pm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SSlowBoat; 03-06-2017 at 09:52 PM.
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SSlowBoat For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

I would shim the springs to 1.750-1.775" with those lobes if you can without getting too close to coil bind.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    96Z M6, ERE-383 #60, AFR 210s, LE cam, 9", Procharger D1, ???whp
    95 Roadmaster T-56 swap, LE1s, baby cam, 4.56s, "The Cammaster"
    95 Firehawk hooptie, bolt-ons and suspension

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Catmaigne For This Post: