Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Thread: FAST XFI

LTX Regular

Status

Default FAST XFI

So I've been doing a lot of research and looking at other ecu options for my LT1 and I came across this FAST setup
    http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/ez-e...-fit-typehtml/

Currently the stock ecu should be fine for my setup which is just basically a le2 355 but ultimately I plan on going with a forged 355 and procharger on e85. Also I've been running into a lot of issues getting my laptop to connect to the ecu as well so at this point I'm just looking for something that gonna be easier to use long term and that I have room to grow with and I like the idea of using its touchscreen unit for gauges and datalogging as well. Looks to be just around the same price as going 24x also. I know some of you guys have experience with the FAST stuff so I'm just looking for your guys experiences with it and thoughts on the subject. I like the idea that I could potentially use this for other intake possibilities as well if I ever chose to do that.
    94 Camaro V6 5-Speed turned Heads/Cam Lt1 6-Speed

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 94basemodel For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status

Oh yeah, what all would I need to run this on my car? I'm not partial to the opti so I don't mind getting rid of it if necessary lol

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Bob
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro

I installed the FAST "GRAY BOX" set up on mine last year. I went to a MSD crank trigger as well as swapped to 83lb injectors. I'm in the process of going from a wet direct port to a dry set up, reason for such large injectors. I still run my MSD opti for spark.

Lurker

Status
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28

You can stay opti, do 24x/58x with lsx coils, or crank trigger and std distributor with the FAST XFI setup. You will need a stand alone wiring harness for the engine or make/buy a custom harness to tie into the FAST XFI setup with the factory harness. I am running FAST XFI used a crank trigger and MSD 8570 modified as a cam sensor for sequential. I used a stand alone wiring harness and eliminated most of the factory engine harness. I tied into the factory harness for the fuel pump/SES light/fans. Since you are local to me, let me know if you need any help or would like to check out the FAST setup. I am rewiring the car right now for the interior and eliminating most of the extra factory wiring so the car is down until I get it back together in the next few weeks.

LTX Regular

Status

Appreciate the response guys. And yeah I'd definitely like to check it out when you have it back together.