Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Threaded View

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Ron
    Vehicle
    1995 Trans Am

Default New Member here. LT1 don't run need help...

So I essentially got a 1995 Trans Am for free. The previous owner gave up trying to get it to run like 9 years ago. The body is in very good shape so I am willing to put some time and money into it to get it running.

I was not getting spark so I changed the coil and ignition module and now it does run.. but only if I squirt starter fluid into it. I did not hear the fuel pump running so I pulled that it is was destroyed and the tank was full of all kinds of gunk and debris so I put in a new tank, filter and pump. Pump runs fine and I have good pressure at the rails now.

However, it seems the fuel injectors are not pulsing. I only get a positive reading on both wires and each injector during crank. So I am assuming this is related to something between the PCM and optispark.

Where I stand after todays testing is when taking voltage readings at the 4 wires that go to the optispark from the PCM I have good 12v, good ground, and 5v on each of the resolution wires from the PCM. However when I plug the harness back into the optispark, one of the resolution wires is dropping the 5v out almost down to zero volts.

Does anyone know if this points more towards a bad optical sensor or a bad PCM? Or there any other tests I can conduct to help point me in the right direction or confirm anything? I don't have a spare PCM to plug in and test and I also do not have another known good optispark unit to plug in and test.

I tried to get readings from my old Snap On code reader that has the adapter and chip card to work with that wonky OBD2 port that is actually an OBD1 and it is not throwing any codes nor is any light flashing on the dash. Even the security light goes out like it is supposed to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this car deserves to be more then just a giant door stop.