Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Start problem

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Beaver
    Vehicle
    1994 camaro Z28

It is the opti,Now here is the but.I let the guy that did the rebuild talk me into leaving the vent on the cap open.So it did rain a very little bit.But not even enough to get anything wet at all.So,im going to say that the water did it.Summitt said they would replace it or I could send it back and get the money put toward another opti.i lost the box for the opti.Anyway im going to go with a replacement and see what happens.
    BEAVER

94 Z28,4A,LLOYD SG CAM,1.6RR,SHIFT KIT,2,800 STALL,HEADERS,HEADS PORTED & POLISHED,ALL INTERNAL ENGINE PARTS LUNATI !!!

Lurker

Status

I believe there are two vents on the opti. One is a fresh air (factory spot is hooked up to the intake elbow) and one is for manifold vacuum. I remember I forgot to hook up my vent line to vacuum and the car would start randomly misfiring after driving for a while. Make sure those vent lines are hooked up right.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by beaver50 View Post
    It is the opti,Now here is the but.I let the guy that did the rebuild talk me into leaving the vent on the cap open.So it did rain a very little bit.But not even enough to get anything wet at all.So,im going to say that the water did it.Summitt said they would replace it or I could send it back and get the money put toward another opti.i lost the box for the opti.Anyway im going to go with a replacement and see what happens.
    What cap do you have, that has vent? Only one nipple? Did you even install the vent harness in your 94? And what brand Opti.... not sure I noticed what one you are using now.

And how did you determine "It is the Opti"? Codes?
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Beaver
    Vehicle
    1994 camaro Z28

Not a vent,Its a nipple that comes off the cap.You can run it too your intake.
    if you wont too it says.This one is the summitt brand opti.It was codes that showed what was going on.
    BEAVER

94 Z28,4A,LLOYD SG CAM,1.6RR,SHIFT KIT,2,800 STALL,HEADERS,HEADS PORTED & POLISHED,ALL INTERNAL ENGINE PARTS LUNATI !!!

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

The vent system requires two connections (nipples) with 2 hoses. One hose to supply filtered air from a blue plastic elbow that pushes into a hole in the rubber inlet elbow (hole is only present on the 95-97 inlet elbow). And another hose that connects to a vacuum nipple on the driver side of the intake manifold. If you only hook a vacuum line up, with no second nipple/hose, the vacuum can suck in the cap of the Opti and damage it.

The vent system was added to remove the ozone that is generated by the high voltage spark in the cap. The ozone is very corrosive. The air flowing in one nipple and out the other removes the ozone.

What codes "showed what was going on"? DTC 16 and/or 36?

I'm actually trying to help you, not give you a hard time.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Beaver
    Vehicle
    1994 camaro Z28

I know my friend injuneer,The summit opti has just the one vent from the cap.Its not like the 95 and later with 2 wents.The code was 36.
    BEAVER

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Beaver
    Vehicle
    1994 camaro Z28

I replaced the opti harness.The car started then.I ran for just a minute and died.Checked and it had blown the transmission fuse.Put on in and it run a minute and blew it again.Unhooked the trans wire and it didnt blow.So I think its inside the trans.
    BEAVER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123