Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

this is the car that belongs to the graph I posted...3600#...180mph+ trap speeds...you do the math

1994 Formula, 396cid, AFR 227's, Single plane, and 2 of the big ones.
    http://ltxtech.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=241&dateline=12653889  02

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chopstix For This Post:

my point was not meant to say the blocks are indestructible...just not going to sweat 700whp....
    1994 Formula, 396cid, AFR 227's, Single plane, and 2 of the big ones.
    http://ltxtech.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=241&dateline=12653889  02

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chopstix For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

I wonder what kind of voodoo Tytech does on their blocks to make them live... Probably top secret lol

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    96Z M6, ERE-383 #60, AFR 210s, LE cam, 9", Procharger D1, ???whp
    95 Roadmaster T-56 swap, LE1s, baby cam, 4.56s, "The Cammaster"
    95 Firehawk hooptie, bolt-ons and suspension

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Catmaigne For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catmaigne View Post
    I wonder what kind of voodoo Tytech does on their blocks to make them live... Probably top secret lol

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    Most likely half fill

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Lurker

Status
    Name
    eric
    Vehicle
    1993 TA

When I originally had the builder assemble this engine the goal was a modest 500 to the wheels with what I had, an S trim and the 383. He told me then he thought 700 crank hp was about limit, and he's done many lt1 back in the day before everything went LS.

At the time I wasn't worried, but 5+ years later, better job, and factory cars reaching 600+ at reasonable prices, I need to up the power goal if I want to stay in the game, especially since the engine has yet to be installed.

Not to mention I've already spoiled my 3 year old by giving him ride in a hellcat, and he loved every second of it, and now informs me when cars are going faster and passing us, even in the mini van, that I need to drive faster, so I had to sell it, lol. And he wants to do a wheelie as well, in a car, which was my ultimate goal for the car anyways, to pull the wheels off the ground at least a few inches, and run low 10's, full weight.

I know I don't need 900hp, but I don't want to r/r the engine 10 more times after I paint it. Are the 260cfm heads with 9.5 compression and 230/236 xfi cam and 383 cubes going to do it with a blower between T trim and P1SC flow?

I guess could still spray it but I'm trying to remove the nitrous from the mix all together this time. The builder seems to think I'm looking at 7-800 flywheel with the 300+ canfield heads (9:1CR) and 15psi, and he might be right. Can I get where I want to be without them? Or is 15-17psi with pump gas and meth injection, intercooled, still asking for trouble @9.5CR? My biggest fear with ported stock'rs is the deck thickness, or lack thereof! I've heard they warp easily with too much heat (boost).

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by blown383ta View Post
    When I originally had the builder assemble this engine the goal was a modest 500 to the wheels with what I had, an S trim and the 383. He told me then he thought 700 crank hp was about limit, and he's done many lt1 back in the day before everything went LS.

At the time I wasn't worried, but 5+ years later, better job, and factory cars reaching 600+ at reasonable prices, I need to up the power goal if I want to stay in the game, especially since the engine has yet to be installed.

Not to mention I've already spoiled my 3 year old by giving him ride in a hellcat, and he loved every second of it, and now informs me when cars are going faster and passing us, even in the mini van, that I need to drive faster, so I had to sell it, lol. And he wants to do a wheelie as well, in a car, which was my ultimate goal for the car anyways, to pull the wheels off the ground at least a few inches, and run low 10's, full weight.

I know I don't need 900hp, but I don't want to r/r the engine 10 more times after I paint it. Are the 260cfm heads with 9.5 compression and 230/236 xfi cam and 383 cubes going to do it with a blower between T trim and P1SC flow?

I guess could still spray it but I'm trying to remove the nitrous from the mix all together this time. The builder seems to think I'm looking at 7-800 flywheel with the 300+ canfield heads (9:1CR) and 15psi, and he might be right. Can I get where I want to be without them? Or is 15-17psi with pump gas and meth injection, intercooled, still asking for trouble @9.5CR? My biggest fear with ported stock'rs is the deck thickness, or lack thereof! I've heard they warp easily with too much heat (boost).
    You could get there with stock heavily ported heads or le trick flows, afrs, etc. I think the canfield are overkill.

2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Lurker

Status
    Name
    eric
    Vehicle
    1993 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    You could get there with stock heavily ported heads or le trick flows, afrs, etc. I think the canfield are overkill.

.....And i think thats the builders' point, which, looking at many others' builds I tend to agree since its boosted, not NA. They were on a solid roller previously, and hence why they ported to the extreme. I think Im going to stick with my ported stockers and just spin the upgraded blower to achieve 15 psi. Whatever it ends up being thats what its gonna be. I think itll still break into 10's.

....And as far as the Canfields, they'll go up for sale or I'll stash them away again and maybe build another 383 NA max effort and throw it in whatever comes around. I still have another useable f-body left over when this project gets buttoned up, and a nitrous plate kit

11. The Following User Says Thank You to blown383ta For This Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123