Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Founding Member

Status

Good read and what a killer project!

Bravo, sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1997 Camaro Z28

Lots of visual horsepower, full bolt-ons, and a little spray....

Quote Originally Posted by quik95lt1 View Post
    yea so back to the tune..........do what i said before you make yourself a paperweight lol

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28

looks awesome! Cant wait to see it rip
    94 Z28 - 396 - TH400 - 9in - SLOW

LTX Master

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 Chevy Camaro z28

I remember this car..Very shocked the first time I saw it in person, very clean setup.
    94' Z -383 LTx, AI TFS 215cc heads/C/I
    S60 rear
    Stepped Hedman Hustlers an a Monoblade TB

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Ernie
    Vehicle
    97 Mullet

Badass car!
    355 LT1 Turbo, Ported TFS heads, LE Ported Intake, LE cam, 80lb inj, Dual pumps 340 & 320lph on e85, etc.....
    www.fquick.com/SleepyZ
    <font color=#ff0000>

I love to see builds like this, I have been running boost on my 95 Z since 97 on a stock pcm when everyone said it couldnt be done, My car other than a pillar pod and healthy meats out back looks like a stock Z but at that time was making 722 RWHP, No cage, no aftermarket seats, all stock. but as you I went thru a whole lot of trial and error and of course broken parts. When I would rip Vipers and Zo6's on the highway and pull over, they would scratch their heads. The best time was at a dodge dealership with a dyno, they had Viper Day and had cars on their dyno. of course they were stock pushing a little over 400 to the wheels. One guy with his sweater around his neck, ken and barbie haircut, put his viper on the dyno and made a pull, the car was very clean and he had a lot of chrome on the motor and everyone was oohing and ahhing over it, I put my car on and at that time it made 686 HP thru a small exhaust pipe out back, One guy said, Hey check this car out, and everyone left the viper guy and came over and was like wow, how do you make that kinda of power thru that little pipe, The viper guy got so pissed, and just left, of course he never came over to check my car out, but the look on his face when the crowd left him alone was priceless!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MoeHorsePower For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Ernie
    Vehicle
    97 Mullet

This is one reason why I've stayed with the LT1.
    355 LT1 Turbo, Ported TFS heads, LE Ported Intake, LE cam, 80lb inj, Dual pumps 340 & 320lph on e85, etc.....
    www.fquick.com/SleepyZ
    <font color=#ff0000>

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sleepy_z For This Post:

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Jeff Green
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala SS

Quote Originally Posted by MoeHorsePower View Post
    I love to see builds like this, I have been running boost on my 95 Z since 97 on a stock pcm when everyone said it couldnt be done, My car other than a pillar pod and healthy meats out back looks like a stock Z but at that time was making 722 RWHP, No cage, no aftermarket seats, all stock. but as you I went thru a whole lot of trial and error and of course broken parts. When I would rip Vipers and Zo6's on the highway and pull over, they would scratch their heads. The best time was at a dodge dealership with a dyno, they had Viper Day and had cars on their dyno. of course they were stock pushing a little over 400 to the wheels. One guy with his sweater around his neck, ken and barbie haircut, put his viper on the dyno and made a pull, the car was very clean and he had a lot of chrome on the motor and everyone was oohing and ahhing over it, I put my car on and at that time it made 686 HP thru a small exhaust pipe out back, One guy said, Hey check this car out, and everyone left the viper guy and came over and was like wow, how do you make that kinda of power thru that little pipe, The viper guy got so pissed, and just left, of course he never came over to check my car out, but the look on his face when the crowd left him alone was priceless!
    Awesome!!!

I'm not putting down the guys that have the race cars as I was one of them a few years ago, it was fun!! But I also will look more at a car running faster than it should over a car that's just going as fast as it should. I think engineering types tend to be that way. So a 12 second car can be more challenging to figure out how it's doing that then a 7 second car if its just all what you would expect. I like both just so you know.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Green For This Post:

Lurker

Status

Jeff. I have followed your car from afar. Outfingstanding

My 96 Imp is nowhere near as fast as yours but with the mods I have done my BBB aka Big Black Barge has surprised more than one car at the track and the street.

I like the story of the track person deciding by looks alone your car was in the wrong lane and your time slip proved otherwise

Your goal of 7 anything will likely be achieved and I await that story....and even more so VIDEO of that pas.
    96 BBB 383/T56

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Jeff Green
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala SS

Quote Originally Posted by BALLSS View Post
    Jeff. I have followed your car from afar. Outfingstanding

My 96 Imp is nowhere near as fast as yours but with the mods I have done my BBB aka Big Black Barge has surprised more than one car at the track and the street.

I like the story of the track person deciding by looks alone your car was in the wrong lane and your time slip proved otherwise

Your goal of 7 anything will likely be achieved and I await that story....and even more so VIDEO of that pas.
    Thanks for the confidence!! No one expects these big Impalas to be fast so it's a surprise when one is like yours and others find out the hard way

But this will go like it did before as a lot of failed passes to get one good one. I have been to a lot of events, even the LTX Shootout, where I either knew it had a good chance of not working or thought it should work but didn't. Even last year I knew it would just be luck if it worked because I still was trying to get a handle on everything. One video out there is a 9.4 at 153 MPH and that was two weeks after one of the LT Shootouts that a nitrous hose burst, it filled the exhaust with fuel and it became a pipe bomb. Huge fireball from the back of the car so who would think it really would do anything fast after seeing that. Had the guy that shot that video not done that, and posted it on U-Tube, that pass would be in my memory but no one else would ever know it happened. I never film the car as too busy working on it or drive it. I have a pile of mid and low 9 second time slips in the 150's but I'm sure there are people out here that have never seen it make a good pass. It was a real trip wire back then because of how everything was on the edge and I was trying really hard to get an 8 out of those parts. So if it worked, the next pass would be with a change in the setup to try to go faster. That more times than not it just found the next weak link. I don't have a video of it's best pass, 9.2 at 157, as I had no idea at the time that was as good as it would get. Try to go any faster and it would cut the teeth off the ring gear in the rearend.

Tranny and rearend are good this year for way more than 2000 HP so its the engine and chassis that's the fight now. Still less to fight than when I was fighting everything using the stock tranny and rearend.
    Last edited by Jeff Green; 03-24-2017 at 07:55 AM.

"Project Storm Trooper"

Status
    Name
    Tony
    Vehicle
    93 StormTrooper Z28

I love seeing stuff like this! some thing that goes against the norm and then breaks the minds of people! absolutely amazing build you got!

Official Member of $30k Club ​- Work in progress
    1993 Z28- 24x EFI, Clayton Racing 383ci, F1a w/FMIC, AFR 210's, LE Custom cam, LE LT4 Intake/heads, 80# injectors, 255lph/340lph pumps, T56 Conversion, 9" 4.11 w/spool, LPP LT w/Borla, Full UMI suspension....
    1987 Iroc-Z - Stock Summer DD

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast