Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lurker

Status

I bought my McLeod Street Twin from JEGS for $1250 a few years ago. It included the required 13/16 (larger) MC. I also only make 400 to the wheels with a little more TQ and had several single disc clutches from the stock Valeo, Zoom Kevlar, CC dual friction, Spec 2+....all either started to slip or died horribly after a year or so. Chatter also was a PIA in stop/go traffic once I went from organic to a puc type disc. Yes 1/4 mi track use was involved. I spent way more than a McLeod Street Twin and should have done it from day one...like several people told me when I went 383. Yeah not cheap but drives like stock with "slightly" more pedal effort (read you may not notice) and holds period. They are also rebuild-able by McLeod.
    96 BBB 383/T56

My experience with the spec stage 3 + was not good, it chattered bad unless you left the redlight at a high rpm and tried to slip it, and it didnt hold for crap, but I was making south of 600lb ft of tq, purchased a McCleod twin disc kit for $1,000 and man back then I thought that was high, but didnt even break it in and did 5000 rpm dumps with no problem.

Lurker

Status

You said HD, is that HDX or Powergrip HD? I've had my Powergrip for years (replaced an HDX that couldn't handle the power) and it drives great on the street and grips good for spirited driving. Pushing probably around 400 (H/C). The 300/900 disc in the Powergrip is organic on one side and puck on the other.
    1997 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 clone | Build Thread | - just needs paint!
    2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD (the DD)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Spartan7 For This Post:

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Daisuke
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28 SS

I believe it is the HDX. I bought a low mileage one secondhand off the forum here years ago.
    1996 Z28 SS M6 Polo Green Metallic - Built 355 from my 93
    1996 Z28 SS M6 Arctic White - Stock
    1993 Z28 Medium Patriot Red - 355 LT1 with M6 and 24x Conversion (RIP in peace)
    2007 Corvette Z06 Black - Stock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12