Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

Default Good street tire for decent 60ft in a A4 car 275 40 17

Ive got a completely stock 94 formula other than a 2500 stall.
    Im going to be ordering tires soon and with all the choices out there I dont know if its worth it to get a exspensive tire or save up and get decent drag radial for my stock 16" wheels.

So anyone wanna share there 60ft times and what tires your running? on mostly stock car if possible, dopnt wanna be to picky lol.

any suggestions appreciated

On a completely stock LT I wouldnt worry about having super sticky tires, but then dont get one that has a 500+ UTQG rating, probably somewhere in the 300 range will be ok. some tires are pretty good when new, then get harder as time goes on, just remember, the more softer the rubber, the less mileage, the harder, more mileage, My twin turbo supra rear tires were $1,000 for the pair and only lasted 8000 miles..

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

I do plan on doing a cam and exhaust, then maybe a 150 shot.
    But I suppose by that time for the track I could get a set of drag radials for my 16s

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Tommy N.
    Vehicle
    Silver 1996 Camaro Z28, Green 1996 Camaro Z28

I personally like Nitto tires Ive ran the NT555rs and the NT05s and the NT05s were the non radial version and they were still grippy but my cars a M6s so im not sure how they would react on yours.
    96 Camaro Z28 Silver Mostly Stock, Full Exhaust
    96 Camaro Z28 Green Big Cam, Quick Performance 9 Inch Rear End, Full Exhuast

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28

I had a set of nitto drag radials and mickey drag radials on on 98 and I did 2 tracks days with the nittos and sold em because they were completed junk. in the street I used Fusion tires (division of Bridgestone) and I was completely amazed with them, ih head nothing but good from BFG T/As
    94 Z28 - 396 - TH400 - 9in - SLOW

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Tire Rack comparisons rate the BFG g-Force Sport COMP-2 as highest dry traction. Also decent wet traction, if you drive in wet weather. $138.45
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

Thats actually the tire I have really been trying to find some more information on, it defiantly seems like the best tire for the price.
    I was trying to find some 60ft times with that tire but nothing really came up.