Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Thread: Hi from CT

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Jeremy
    Vehicle
    1989 c1500 w/383 LT1

Default Hi from CT

Hi All. I've been lurking for a bit trying to find some info for my LT1 rebuild, and during motor tear down this past weekend, I found some interesting tidbits. I will be posting some pics of the engine internals and the questions I have in a few min. I need to get my pic hosting set up again.
    My vehicle is an 89 C1500 step side truck. 383 LT1 / T56 combo feeding a 4:11 eaton posi out back. This truck was built in 2005-2006, and has been cursed ever since I have lost countless nights of sleep, thousands and thousands of dollars, it caught on fire for a few min, and I lost a friend over the engine. In 2009 my wife and I were married, and I finally had a two car garage to fix it right. As we all know, life happens, and priorities change. The truck was parked in the garage, up on jack stands, because of a few issues I was working on. I would start it once a month for a few years to keep it lubed, (not to hear it roar..... no... definitely not....) So one day two years ago, I started her up, and let the battery charge.... I heard a ticking sound and thought it was the injectors. Maybe it was the crappy gas I thought... it seemed to get louder and louder until suddenly it clicked. NO OIL! I ran into the cab to check the gauges, and sure enough... oil pressure was at zero! i changed the oil thinking somehow maybe it was low, and started it quickly again. Still no pressure. turned out I sheared the oil pump drive gear clean. well... There she sat for 2 years. I have been hoarding summit gift cards since then, and I have enough to get started on it. Thats just about where I sit today. I will be starting a new thread because I have a bunch of questions and I trust an internet forum over the engine builder. He is out of business anyhow....go figure. Cant imagine why...
    Looking forward to getting my beloved turd running again before I have my midlife crisis at 40
    Thanks for having me! - LT1C1500

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Hey man... welcome to the family... love the sounds of ur build, could we get some pics?

LTXtech.com IS my drug...
    OWNER/ADMIN

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Jeremy
    Vehicle
    1989 c1500 w/383 LT1

absolutely...... can i do a /img from photo bucket here? I'm trying to find out by looking through the rules if not, do I have to upload them directly to the site?

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by LT1C1500 View Post
    absolutely...... can i do a /img from photo bucket here? I'm trying to find out by looking through the rules if not, do I have to upload them directly to the site?
    If u use tapatalk to visit the site... u can do it very easily via ur phone. If not the site can host it or links to many of the photo hosting sites can be a just pasted in the thread.

LTXtech.com IS my drug...
    OWNER/ADMIN

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28

welcome, great group here and a lot of new people lately
    94 Z28 - 396 - TH400 - 9in - SLOW

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to agenthol302 For This Post: