Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I run my at 28 so far at 10 lbs and have made 710 RWHP turbo, but when I was super charged, at 12 lbs I was at 722 RWHP gapped at 30..Torque with a A4 supercharged was 712, with the turbo it was 675 at 3800 RPM, just so you can compare.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Aaron
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by MoeHorsePower View Post
    I run my at 28 so far at 10 lbs and have made 710 RWHP turbo, but when I was super charged, at 12 lbs I was at 722 RWHP gapped at 30..Torque with a A4 supercharged was 712, with the turbo it was 675 at 3800 RPM, just so you can compare.
    Thanks a lot for the numbers...
    Check out my 97 Turbo Trans Am Build Here --> = B( . )Y( . )STED

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    KYLE
    Vehicle
    95 MQBM Z28

Why you running e98 vs e85? Just curious.

Also what scale you guys using to monitor afr?

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Aaron
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by dawdaw View Post
    Why you running e98 vs e85? Just curious.

Also what scale you guys using to monitor afr?
    The real reason is because all of our pump E85 is rated at about E60-70. And the E98 allows me to run a little more timing.

I'd don't know the exact scale, but I'm guessing for whatever E98 is

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

You left some on the table at 17°. I run 22° @ 15# with e85. Gas afr of 12:1. When I fatten up to 11.5:1 I start to lose mph quick. You'll hear a lot of guys running 30° on 20+ psi but they usually run in the low 11 afr range. I'd rather stay conservative on the timing and keep the afr lean.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    KYLE
    Vehicle
    95 MQBM Z28

The afr is close. It's a common misconception but e 98 actually Burns faster than e85 does. But it is harder to light off. You will probably find more power by adding some more timing to it.

I personally would have ran e85 but seen as you said your E85 is testing out to e60 done it was a smart move by going over to the e98.

I know it's an apples-to-oranges comparison but just as a FYI in my naturally aspirated engine my motor has been the fastest at 11.7 AFR. With about 35 degrees in it. Seeing as you are boosted you can take a wild-ass guess and say that you will probably end up in the 11.1 to 11.3 for range maybe even a hair fatter depending on how much you want to turn it up.

I wish I could find my chart for the ethanol fuel stuff and what you should shoot for. It has been a huge help for me at least.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Aaron
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by dawdaw View Post
    The afr is close. It's a common misconception but e 98 actually Burns faster than e85 does. But it is harder to light off. You will probably find more power by adding some more timing to it.

I personally would have ran e85 but seen as you said your E85 is testing out to e60 done it was a smart move by going over to the e98.

I know it's an apples-to-oranges comparison but just as a FYI in my naturally aspirated engine my motor has been the fastest at 11.7 AFR. With about 35 degrees in it. Seeing as you are boosted you can take a wild-ass guess and say that you will probably end up in the 11.1 to 11.3 for range maybe even a hair fatter depending on how much you want to turn it up.

I wish I could find my chart for the ethanol fuel stuff and what you should shoot for. It has been a huge help for me at least.
    Just spoke with my tuner, I was at 11:3 AFR.

And I hated the fact that I couldnt find any E85 as I would have preferred that. So I was weighing the pros and cons for the time being and I hate the fact that I may max out my fuel system before I could get the numbers/ET I want. I have ID1300s and dual intank 450LPH pumps. Takes the car forever to get the car started too. Lol

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Aaron
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by firebird_1995 View Post
    You left some on the table at 17°. I run 22° @ 15# with e85. Gas afr of 12:1. When I fatten up to 11.5:1 I start to lose mph quick. You'll hear a lot of guys running 30° on 20+ psi but they usually run in the low 11 afr range. I'd rather stay conservative on the timing and keep the afr lean.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    What's up Chris, didnt know that was you. Yea he said that the tune was very very conservative for E98. I wouldnt mind have some E85 rather than E98. Looks like I'll be buy a 55 gallon drum of some VP C85 if St. Louis dont get any better on the E85 quality.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

You could always add a content sensor if you're 24x and not worry about what % is coming out of the pump. You would need an OS that's 24x, flex fuel, dbc, with upgraded map. A 411 512kb computer with 12216125 OS (02 Suburban) can do flex fuel and 2 bar but you'd give up RTT. 3 bar w/RTT can be done with a 1mb P59 computer but I've never heard of anyone using that on a LT1, would have to ask Mike @ EFI. Gauges might be tricky to adapt.
    96Z M6, ERE-383 #60, AFR 210s, LE cam, 9", Procharger D1, ???whp
    95 Roadmaster T-56 swap, LE1s, baby cam, 4.56s, "The Cammaster"
    95 Firehawk hooptie, bolt-ons and suspension

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Aaron
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Catmaigne View Post
    You could always add a content sensor if you're 24x and not worry about what % is coming out of the pump. You would need an OS that's 24x, flex fuel, dbc, with upgraded map. A 411 512kb computer with 12216125 OS (02 Suburban) can do flex fuel and 2 bar but you'd give up RTT. 3 bar w/RTT can be done with a 1mb P59 computer but I've never heard of anyone using that on a LT1, would have to ask Mike @ EFI. Gauges might be tricky to adapt.
    Thats a very good suggestion. But seems to be more of a headache than anything. Mainly since its a race car. But I am 24x with 0411 PCM. I'll just hustle harder to find the right fuel. Still a very good suggestion though!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast