Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Threaded View

Default Flyenlow Stage 3.5: Some more refinement.

Foreword: I'm putting this in the dyno section because there will be a direct dyno comparison before I'm done.

I got the itch to work on the car a little now that it's going into the winter. I've been wanting to solve some exhaust issues, leaking/scraping/etc, and decided it's time to do something about it. Upgrade time. I'll be swapping out my JetHot coated flanged connected 1 3/4" headers and 3" ORY for a set of slip fit XS Power stepped 1 3/4"-1 7/8" headers. I thought the XS Power y-pipe was junk and seeing as I saw others were having issues with shipping and fitment, I decided to go with a KOOKS ORY and modify as needed, while routing it into my GMMG. The JetHot headers have done me well, but are lacking in updated design. I like the fact that the XS headers have the velocity merge and spike, also the KOOKS updated Y-pipe design is quite beautiful. I'm very interested to see what kind of gains I'll see with the combination of the two.

At the same time, I decided it was time to address some cooling issues that I have always dealt with. My car consistently runs at 190*-215*. I know that's not necessarily high, but I have NOTHING in the engine bay, no condenser in front of the radiator and an EWP, so I've always thought it was high. Recently after working on a customers car I built last year, he told me his car barley gets above 180* even with the AC on and sitting in traffic. Granted he has a larger radiator, but the car has nothing deleted, full weight car with AC and is ProCharged and I just though it was crazy this car sat lower then mine. SO I decided to upgrade again of course.

After 9 years of duty my CSR electric pump I think finally gave up the ghost. After doing a bit of research I found it was only rated at 30-37 gpm initially, so I decided to get a Meziere HD that flows 55 gpm. My shop also has a plasma table so I fabbed a custom shroud for the radiator as well, with some SPAL fans. Hopefully this combination with net some cooler temps.

I also decided while I had everything off I'd waste money on more shiny bolts...

XS Power headers

Outdated ORY vs Kooks new design with true merge

Meziere vs CSR

new shroud with dual 12" SPAL

ARP 12 point hardware

self explanitory

Dyno Comparison: I plan to bring the car to the shop and initially run a few baseline pulls. Then I'll swap out the exhaust and see what kind of gains it makes. I don't think the cooling stuff will play in any factor but I could be wrong. I'll keep this post updated as progress continues. Unless weather gets the best of me I hope to knock it out sometime in the next week or two.
    Last edited by tbird31; 01-03-2017 at 01:05 PM.
    the DD - 1993 Acura Legend
    the toy - 1995 Pontiac Firebird - 422hp 396tq

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tbird31 For This Post: