Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catmaigne View Post
    I like the EWP for simplicity but it's more for drag/street cars that don't get pushed for extended periods of time. I've never had problems with the Mezieres. My old Jegs pump shit itself after about 3 years (sounded like a garbage disposal) and I think the Summit pump (CVR) on my Buick is dying because it keeps blowing the fuse at startup.
    All my previous cars were daily drivers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

Well yeah I think the EWP is perfect for a DD. Don't have to worry about the pump leaking all over the opti and changing it is easy as hell. The Camaro was my daily for years with EWPs and the Meziere that's been on it has yet to give me issue. Current Summit pump on the Buick has been iffy despite rewiring it twice and playing with different slow blow fuses. I'm probably going to throw a used Meziere on and keep it as a spare.

The EWP flows less than a mechanical pump beyond ~3k rpm if I remember correctly. Fine for drag/street car stuff but I wouldn't want to go road racing or do a standing mile with one and a stock radiator. If someone could figure out how to plumb a remote pump in parallel then it probably would suffice.
    96Z M6, ERE-383 #60, AFR 210s, LE cam, 9", Procharger D1, ???whp
    95 Roadmaster T-56 swap, LE1s, baby cam, 4.56s, "The Cammaster"
    95 Firehawk hooptie, bolt-ons and suspension

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Catmaigne For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catmaigne View Post
    Well yeah I think the EWP is perfect for a DD. Don't have to worry about the pump leaking all over the opti and changing it is easy as hell. The Camaro was my daily for years with EWPs and the Meziere that's been on it has yet to give me issue. Current Summit pump on the Buick has been iffy despite rewiring it twice and playing with different slow blow fuses. I'm probably going to throw a used Meziere on and keep it as a spare.

The EWP flows less than a mechanical pump beyond ~3k rpm if I remember correctly. Fine for drag/street car stuff but I wouldn't want to go road racing or do a standing mile with one and a stock radiator. If someone could figure out how to plumb a remote pump in parallel then it probably would suffice.
    In the spring we are gonna try to hit a standing mile or half mile with osies car, stock rad, ewp, 160 stat, ac and big front mount LOL

2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Dylan
    Vehicle
    1995 Corvette

I'm thinking about just keeping my water pump for now. I should focus on suspension. I'm probably going with Bilstein b6 HD shocks.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Demoncorvette For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Are u planning on driving it on the street alot? My c4 had a very capable suspension from the factory... idk if it wouldve lost something as far as enjoyability on the street if I made it any stiffer than. Factory. Then again... mine was really a 85 which was much rougher than the later vettes...

LTXtech.com IS my drug...
    OWNER/ADMIN

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Dylan
    Vehicle
    1995 Corvette

Mine just kind of floats. I want a tighter suspension. The b8s aren't that much more than the b6s anyway. But once it's build I have a 71 cj5 to drive everyday.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Demoncorvette For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Dylan
    Vehicle
    1995 Corvette

Hello everyone!

This last weekend I spent Saturday installing my MSD cap and rotor and MSD coil. It was somewhat of a pain. But overall it wasn't bad. I do have pictures of the progress.

I ended up replacing some vacuum lines as well. The opitspark was really bad. I'm surprised it ran like it did. It did run rich. But now it's a lot better. Next stop is steering!

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncorvette View Post
    Hello everyone!

This last weekend I spent Saturday installing my MSD cap and rotor and MSD coil. It was somewhat of a pain. But overall it wasn't bad. I do have pictures of the progress.

I ended up replacing some vacuum lines as well. The opitspark was really bad. I'm surprised it ran like it did. It did run rich. But now it's a lot better. Next stop is steering!
    Keep an eye on the msd coil. They've been hit or miss now a days since msd got sold a few years ago.

2021 Charger Scat 392

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Dylan
    Vehicle
    1995 Corvette

Thanks for the heads up! At least that is easier to get to than the opti. the old opti was leaking oil. Everything was pretty bad on it.

I'm trying to think about my first actual performance part. Any suggestions?

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncorvette View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! At least that is easier to get to than the opti. the old opti was leaking oil. Everything was pretty bad on it.

I'm trying to think about my first actual performance part. Any suggestions?
    start small, intake, 160 stat, electric water pump, catback, tune, headers, cam, heads, 383, nitrous or supercharger..........yeah yeah, thats starting small
    2021 Charger Scat 392

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast