Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Lurker

Status
    Name
    Tommy N.
    Vehicle
    Silver 1996 Camaro Z28, Green 1996 Camaro Z28

Default MSD Cap and Rotor

Hey guys I work at MSD and we have a extra opti spark cap and rotors we are going to start selling and they asked me about a price since I own a camaro with the opti, so that leads me to why I'm posting this, what do you guys think is a reasonable price for the MSD Cap and Rotors and caps will have some blemishes on it like scratches and stuff like that since it will be going to our eBay store, it doesn't affect the way the cap operates. Once, we get a reasonable number I'll go ahead and let you know what they say and when they will be posted so that way yall can get some.
    96 Camaro Z28 Silver Mostly Stock, Full Exhaust
    96 Camaro Z28 Green Big Cam, Quick Performance 9 Inch Rear End, Full Exhuast

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by 96z28SideSwype View Post
    Hey guys I work at MSD and we have a extra opti spark cap and rotors we are going to start selling and they asked me about a price since I own a camaro with the opti, so that leads me to why I'm posting this, what do you guys think is a reasonable price for the MSD Cap and Rotors and caps will have some blemishes on it like scratches and stuff like that since it will be going to our eBay store, it doesn't affect the way the cap operates. Once, we get a reasonable number I'll go ahead and let you know what they say and when they will be posted so that way yall can get some.
    Half price of what the cao and rotor normally costs, especially with how much they screwed up my pro billet on a simple bearing and seal replacement

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Lurker

Status
    Name
    fm
    Vehicle
    94 ta gt

Normally what 110 i think, 80?

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

They will fit on a stock opti, correct? The MSD cap and rotors I've seen on the billet optis are good quality. Definitely worth the money

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by firebird_1995 View Post
    They will fit on a stock opti, correct? The MSD cap and rotors I've seen on the billet optis are good quality. Definitely worth the money

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I have the vented conversion cap and rotor on a 94 opti and everything is quality except the oring, its too flimsy and actually od is too big by a little. Other than that i think they are worth it

2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Tommy N.
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby Z28 View Post
    Half price of what the cao and rotor normally costs, especially with how much they screwed up my pro billet on a simple bearing and seal replacement

Sorry to hear about this how long ago was this?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyBird1139 View Post
    Normally what 110 i think, 80?
    Normal price brand new is 158.95, but keep in mind these do have some scratches or minor appearance issues as you can see this one has some dis coloring in the red area
    IMG_0503.JPG

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by 96z28SideSwype View Post
    Sorry to hear about this how long ago was this?

Normal price brand new is 158.95, but keep in mind these do have some scratches or minor appearance issues
    IMG_0503.JPG
    1.5 years ago. Opti worked fine, but bearing had play. Sent it in for rebuild. Since i didnt have receipt I had to pay for rebuild. Got it back and car wouldnt idle, it would start revving on its own when the car warmed up. Sent it back again, they said they could not replicate but replaced internals and sent it back to me. Did the same thing again. Said ef it and bought a delco, never had another issue.

2021 Charger Scat 392

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Tommy N.
    Vehicle

So far the only price some one has said is $80 which isn't a bad price. If anyone has any other suggestions that way I can let the guy know.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Tommy N.
    Vehicle

I've had people call and say that same thing and I have even talked to the guys that build the optis and they have never seen them do that, so honestly if the opti caused that I have no idea what it could of been since the insides is mainly the optic sensor, I always tell the guys that call to double check all the connectors and vacuum lines, because of how much crap has to be removed to replace them. @Tubby Z28
    Last edited by 96z28SideSwype; 12-02-2016 at 10:35 AM.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Tommy N.
    Vehicle

Ok quick update it is just a cap no rotor. so I think 80 is a little much for just a cap.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast