Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Torque head

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by superspirit View Post
    A warranty is worthless if the company goes belly up.

Just saying
    Atleast someone else sees my point...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

LTX Master

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 Chevy Camaro z28

Than buy a spare.
    94' Z -383 LTx, AI TFS 215cc heads/C/I
    S60 rear
    Stepped Hedman Hustlers an a Monoblade TB

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinz View Post
    Than buy a spare.
    Thats not the point.

2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E

If your so worried about it get the efi connections 24x. You can use stock pcm etc.
    I don't forsee torqhead going belly up anytime soon

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by anniversaryss View Post
    If your so worried about it get the efi connections 24x. You can use stock pcm etc.
    I don't forsee torqhead going belly up anytime soon
    Ill do ya one better. Ill keep the OPTI and OBD1 pcm....shit tytech went 4.90's in the eighth with an opti

2021 Charger Scat 392

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    92 camaro rs ,93 camaro z28

...man dont bash a good thing its good to see new life come into the lt1 market ....just because you don't see eye to eye don't mean you gotta be prickish about it

LTX Master

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 Chevy Camaro z28

There are flaws with any setup you go with.
    94' Z -383 LTx, AI TFS 215cc heads/C/I
    S60 rear
    Stepped Hedman Hustlers an a Monoblade TB

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by 93z28de View Post
    ...man dont bash a good thing its good to see new life come into the lt1 market ....just because you don't see eye to eye don't mean you gotta be prickish about it
    Im not bashing it. Im stating facts. These are facts. If you would like me to be a prick i can be.

2021 Charger Scat 392

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

For what it's worth, I went 24x because I was spending a lot of money on a setup, and was either going to spend 350 on a Delco opti and try to find a good tuner or get a brand new custom and kit catered to my needs and goals for a couple hundred bucks more, plus have anyone plug in and give it a decent tune.

Looking back, I really wanted the platform (LTx) to be something it wasn't. I love seeing companies do new things with a legacy platform, and I love seeing people make power while being the underdog. However, Tubby has a point, a stock opti will get the job done and eliminate the cost factor of 24x altogether. Maybe not anymore, but at one time those delco opti's were considered a 100k wear item, no?

Now if someone made a GOOD opti (mitsu sensor or better/re-engineered) with a lifetime warranty for $100, it would really breathe new life into this platform.

/rant

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

The issue of manufacturer longevity is a valid one. Look at the guys that had problems with the Delteq unit - hot new concept (not really) with a black box reading the Opti cam position module and a Northstar waste spark ignition setup. Sold it for 5 years, all the time promising he (JC Hyde) was about to release an updated model that completely eliminated the Opti, and telling people that if they bought the first gen product, they would get in the front of the line at reduced cost for the "no more Opti" model. Never materialized.

Then one day, he totally drops off of the internet.... website still in existence, but no responses of any kind to contact from the outside world. No more replacement parts available, no tech help available, etc. Unfortunately, Hyde had done something similar when he worked for Electromotive, and developed the "Super Direct Ignition/Opti-Eliminator". Yes, really eliminated the Opti, but had a few "inherent defects". Sold about 20-25 units. I had one of the first ones. Drove from NJ to Manassas, VA to show him my install and give him feedback, install details, etc.. Later, when I had a problem with the unit, he never responded and had left Electromotive.

I'm definitely not suggesting that Torqhead is in any way, shape or form like JC Hyde/Delteq. I have total respect for what they have done for the LTx. Just pointing out that this is a fragile market, and thinking about the "what ifs" is not being a prick.
    Last edited by Injuneer; 10-20-2016 at 02:21 PM.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast