Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

LTX Regular

Status
    Name
    Jalil Smith
    Vehicle
    94 Z28 Camaro

Default Procharger build or keep spraying?

As the title states I'm looking for advice, the do's and don'ts if you will on going with a supercharger build. I won't actually start doing any of this until next year. The goal is to make between 600-700rwhp my car n/a makes 428rwhp at the moment. I know custom grind cams are recommended and best. But I'm thinking about doing it with a cc306 or a 306 based cam please chime in. I need to know more about the fuel system what will I need to change, how many pounds of boost would it take for my 355 to be in the 600-700rwhp range on e85? And I'm at 11:1 compression would that be a problem? I need spring recommendations, injector sizes, proper fuel pump, intercooler setup. In the end I want to be able to consistently run in the mid-high 9's and still drive around town. It's a 6 speed. I'd rather go this route than keep spraying it, bottle refills add up over time and for what I'll spend on the giggle juice I can spend one time on a procharger setup.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Brian DeLuca
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

There are a number of builds to reference to attain that power level. First you will need to address your SCR. You can use boost with higher compression but you will be limited on the amount and timing will need to be backed off significantly. Perhaps a head gasket can drop it to the 10.0-10.5 range. E85 will help with the higher compression but I'd still suggest the SCR get dropped a touch. As for fuel, no sense spending money twice so get a dual pump system and 80lb sticks. 60s could work but again, why bother potentially spending money twice. Talk to Lloyd Eliot regarding spring selection and likely the cam so it all works together. I have a big eBay 4x 31x24 intercooler but I would recommend the best core your wallet can handle.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

97 T/A Ram Air Convt - 10.2@140 / 777rwhp - Forever Dyno Queen
    17 Corvette Z06 - 11.05 @ 125
    17 GMC Sierra Denali Dmax