Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trans problems

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Beaver
    Vehicle
    1994 camaro Z28

Default Trans problems

I had my trans rebuilt.after getting it back together,i had too much stall for my engine.So I went to a2000 stall.Got it back togther.Im still having trouble with 1st.It goes in but not all the way seems like.It shifts perfect after 1st/Could I have a valve body problem?It shifts alot better with the smaller stall,just 1st.WHAT DO U THINK FRANK????????
    Last edited by beaver50; 09-18-2016 at 04:04 PM.
    BEAVER

94 Z28,4A,LLOYD SG CAM,1.6RR,SHIFT KIT,2,800 STALL,HEADERS,HEADS PORTED & POLISHED,ALL INTERNAL ENGINE PARTS LUNATI !!!

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by beaver50 View Post
    I had my trans rebuilt.after getting it back together,i had too much stall for my engine.So I went to a2000 stall.Got it back togther.Im still having trouble with 1st.It goes in but not all the way seems like.It shifts perfect after 1st/Could I have a valve body problem?It shifts alot better with the smaller stall,just 1st.WHAT DO U THINK FRANK????????
    Is the car tuned for the stall

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Gail C. Cahall
    Vehicle
    93 Camaro, 95 Impala SS, 01 Corvette, '05 Dodge Ram

Was the aluminum forward piston upgraded to steel during the build? You definitely have a forward clutch issue going on. Who specced out the stall?
    Gail C. Cahall
    CAHALL PERFORMANCE TRANSMISSIONS

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Beaver
    Vehicle
    1994 camaro Z28

No tune for the stall.
    BEAVER

94 Z28,4A,LLOYD SG CAM,1.6RR,SHIFT KIT,2,800 STALL,HEADERS,HEADS PORTED & POLISHED,ALL INTERNAL ENGINE PARTS LUNATI !!!

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Gail C. Cahall
    Vehicle

It won't require a retune if the stall is under 3200... Unless it's a cheap converter that is slipping too much.
    Gail C. Cahall

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Beaver
    Vehicle
    1994 camaro Z28

No body spected stall out for me Frank.I had a 1800 stall in it with the original engine.So I just thought that 2500 would be right.(its wasnt)It goes straight into second gear now as soon as it starts rolling.Straight to second.How can that happen????
    BEAVER

LTXTech Sponsor

Status
    Name
    Gail C. Cahall
    Vehicle

Put a scanner on it and see if it's commanding the 1-2 shift that early. And check for codes. Why aren't you taking it back to the place that built it? A 2500 stall shouldn't have been too much... Even for a stock engine. You have other issues going on there.
    Last edited by CPT; 09-22-2016 at 10:26 AM.
    Gail C. Cahall

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Beaver
    Vehicle
    1994 camaro Z28

I took it back today frank.They said they would check it out.

Also dont nobody buy a monster stall!!!The reason,I called them to buy a 2500 stall.No problem they said.When I got the stall it was a CNC stall had the date stamped on it.on the stall CNC-3-16.So I called them about it.I was told,if dont have any in stock they send what they think is a quality stall.I told them I wonted a green monster stall.that is why I called them was fpr the monster stall.I was told to ship it back at my cost and for a extra $15 dollars they would ship me the green monster stall.RIP OFF
    BEAVER

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Shaun
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by beaver50 View Post
    I took it back today frank.They said they would check it out.

Also dont nobody buy a monster stall!!!The reason,I called them to buy a 2500 stall.No problem they said.When I got the stall it was a CNC stall had the date stamped on it.on the stall CNC-3-16.So I called them about it.I was told,if dont have any in stock they send what they think is a quality stall.I told them I wonted a green monster stall.that is why I called them was fpr the monster stall.I was told to ship it back at my cost and for a extra $15 dollars they would ship me the green monster stall.RIP OFF
    If you wouldve asked us we wouldve told you that monster is garbage dude. Protorque is 300 bux

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    2021 Charger Scat 392
    1994 Firebird Formula 381 stroker - Carrying the torch! - 9.90 @ 134.3mph on a 200 shot

The wrench/driver for LTConvert's 94 Z28- Ellwein 383/LE Trickflows/ D1SC / CPT Ultra Pro Race 4L60E
    10.78 @ 125mph. Shooting for 9.99 for Frank Cahall!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast