Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LTXTech Sponsor

Status

had a great time as always.

Looks like we do have a few new names and cars in all classes but especially Outlaw and Extreme PA.

Once the regular cars (Tony, Carlos, Jeff K, Moe B, Ray) show up and a few new cars being built that WILL be here next year (Owen Buchanan and "possibly" Tommy Roberts, etc) as well as anyone else that sees Tyree's 8.0 pass from this year and thinks (or can) put him in his place . . . . . . . DAMN . . . . . there will be a lot of good racing to watch.

The Outlaw and Extreme PA classes are what brings the a lot of spectators and other cars to the event . . . . . . next year the LTX Shootout will have them 'in spades'.

Popular response from a LTX fan or possible racer for last few years would be . . . . . . . . "I would go watch and/or take my car to race in "bla-bla class" but racer X and racer Y is not gonna be there so I'll just stay home. I probably will not win my class so why even go. My wife says that I need to clean the garage and paint the kitchen and this 3 day weekend is a good weekend to do it".

Now that we have THIS group in Outlaw amd Extreme PA, a more common response will be . . . . . "I think I'll take my car and make a few passes. Even if I don't win my class I'll get to see those bad ass Outlaw and Extreme PA cars run and I might (more like DAMN SURE WILL!!!!) see Tyree Smith (and/or others from what the Outlaw guys are telling me they are doing to their cars) make a 7.xx pass at the Shootout in the middle of the day.

Not on a Cold October night with neg DA and a tail wind at a local track where very few people see it but doing this at THE LTX SHOOTOUT that is being seen on FACEBOOK live, what LTX fan doesn't want to have that pass on their phone to tell their buddys "I was trhere, here is the video on my phone and it was BAD ASS!!!

ALL of the racers and ANYONE that has raced very much in their life knows that if a car can do a 7.xx pass the first week of September in the middle of the day in BG Kentucky, on a cool night in late October at a local track the car will be a few clicks faster so as soon as a 7.xx shows at the track, some fans are amazed and impressed to see the 7.xx ET but ALL of the racers are instantly doing the math in better DA to see the potential of what that car could run (or has ran in some cases).

After winning 2 classses by making 2 8 second passes in less than 15 mins, he said that he just needed the track prepped a lil further down so the LTX Shootout guys made ithe track prep happen in short order and even though it took a lil unexpected $$$, they did not bat an eye to make it happen immediately. EVERYONE wanted to see a 7.xx pass..

We could have all seen a 7.xx if that was not his 3rd pass in less than 1 hr.

Tyrees car can do the # on the track with cool down time. I am SURE that next years Shootout will have the budget and schedule so we all see it happen.

What ever the answers are (track prepped correctly, schedule enough tiime between final round and an "exhibition pass" to cool down, etc, etc) I feel VERY confident that the guys in charge of the Shootout will get with any of the posential 7 second cars and MAKE it happen.

Lloyd

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NightTrain66 For This Post:

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Joel
    Vehicle
    1996 camaro Police interceptor

Quote Originally Posted by firebird_1995 View Post
    Attendance was on par with previous years but there were a lot of new faces there so thats a good sign. We had all but 2 sponsors come, even Torqhead all the way from Canada. The weather was about 10-15 degrees cooler than last year which was a huge help. @BLK WS6 and his crew did a great job at the car show and I think starting later was a good move. There are a few things I think we are going to do differently with the track to ensure things go more our way during class call outs and staging but all in all I think everyone had a good time.
    My personal favorite memory was during the time Tommy Roberts was talking about the world block in front of the awards ceremony crowd. All the little snags during the event had me kinda bummed out and he said how his first time there made such a big impression on him and how nice and willing to help everyone had been to him. Most people don't realize that I'm actually not a part of the certified performance team so hearing positive experiences from people in attendance helps me to remember why I put myself through the heartache of all the bumps and bruises along the way with little to no recognition.
    When you hear someone say how they've been to all the big name events but ours is their favorite, it makes you feel good
    Sounds like it was a blast. Take the hiccups and bumps in the road as going pains. Looks and sounds like it was a blast. I will be looking forward to making it out to next year's event.

It's great to hear about an aftermarket block. Looking forward to seeing it in production.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

10 Second N/A Club

Status
    Name
    Josh
    Vehicle
    96 Z28

As always we had a blast! Certified Performance and Chris you guys did a great job keeping the event on time and going even with the brains in the tower! I already can't wait for next year. For those thinking they don't have the ability to be competitive, it's been said before the faster car doesn't always win. It's no secret Tanner's car is faster than mine but the cards fell in my favor, this can happen to anyone in any class. That being said I know there's some fast N/A LT1's out there and I'll be waiting in the staging lanes for you in 2017!
    -Josh
    co-owner of BDBRacing.com
    NMCA OC 9004
    96, N/A 385, Holley EFI, Faceplated M6, AI TFS heads, LE SR cam, MWC Fab 9
    10.16 @ 136 1.50 60'........still workin on that 60' shootin for 1.4's!

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 96LT1355Z28 For This Post:

This is the first year I could not make the shootout with or without my car, had some personal issues to attend to but also I had some custom headers made so I could "Supposedly" change plugs from the top of the car, well the shop that made them quoted me a 3-4 week time frame but it ended up taking him 7 months! when I got the car back, I could not change out the #7 plug, they must of installed it with the headers disconnected. There was just no time left to try and fix or have another header made, But I will be back next year, bigger, badder and faster, So watch out you young guns..Ima coming!!

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MoeHorsePower For This Post:

10 Second Club

Status
    Name
    Josh Hamming
    Vehicle
    1996 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain66 View Post
    had a great time as always.

Looks like we do have a few new names and cars in all classes but especially Outlaw and Extreme PA.

Once the regular cars (Tony, Carlos, Jeff K, Moe B, Ray) show up and a few new cars being built that WILL be here next year (Owen Buchanan and "possibly" Tommy Roberts, etc) as well as anyone else that sees Tyree's 8.0 pass from this year and thinks (or can) put him in his place . . . . . . . DAMN . . . . . there will be a lot of good racing to watch.

The Outlaw and Extreme PA classes are what brings the a lot of spectators and other cars to the event . . . . . . next year the LTX Shootout will have them 'in spades'.

Popular response from a LTX fan or possible racer for last few years would be . . . . . . . . "I would go watch and/or take my car to race in "bla-bla class" but racer X and racer Y is not gonna be there so I'll just stay home. I probably will not win my class so why even go. My wife says that I need to clean the garage and paint the kitchen and this 3 day weekend is a good weekend to do it".

Now that we have THIS group in Outlaw amd Extreme PA, a more common response will be . . . . . "I think I'll take my car and make a few passes. Even if I don't win my class I'll get to see those bad ass Outlaw and Extreme PA cars run and I might (more like DAMN SURE WILL!!!!) see Tyree Smith (and/or others from what the Outlaw guys are telling me they are doing to their cars) make a 7.xx pass at the Shootout in the middle of the day.

Not on a Cold October night with neg DA and a tail wind at a local track where very few people see it but doing this at THE LTX SHOOTOUT that is being seen on FACEBOOK live, what LTX fan doesn't want to have that pass on their phone to tell their buddys "I was trhere, here is the video on my phone and it was BAD ASS!!!

ALL of the racers and ANYONE that has raced very much in their life knows that if a car can do a 7.xx pass the first week of September in the middle of the day in BG Kentucky, on a cool night in late October at a local track the car will be a few clicks faster so as soon as a 7.xx shows at the track, some fans are amazed and impressed to see the 7.xx ET but ALL of the racers are instantly doing the math in better DA to see the potential of what that car could run (or has ran in some cases).

After winning 2 classses by making 2 8 second passes in less than 15 mins, he said that he just needed the track prepped a lil further down so the LTX Shootout guys made ithe track prep happen in short order and even though it took a lil unexpected $$$, they did not bat an eye to make it happen immediately. EVERYONE wanted to see a 7.xx pass..

We could have all seen a 7.xx if that was not his 3rd pass in less than 1 hr.

Tyrees car can do the # on the track with cool down time. I am SURE that next years Shootout will have the budget and schedule so we all see it happen.

What ever the answers are (track prepped correctly, schedule enough tiime between final round and an "exhibition pass" to cool down, etc, etc) I feel VERY confident that the guys in charge of the Shootout will get with any of the posential 7 second cars and MAKE it happen.

Lloyd
    Good meeting you Lloyd! Did you eventually figure out why there is a parachute on my car?!?! lol!

Josh Hamming
    1996 Z28
    8.503 @ 155.53 at the 2016 LTx Shootout

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ponyhntr For This Post:

LTXTech Sponsor

Status

It was great meeting you guys too.

Oh I could see why you needed the "chute". Your car is a great looking car and VERY fast.

The "chute" comment was about a car from last year.

I was talking about Jeff K from last years Shootout. Ray and I arrived at the hotel and we see a few cars when Ray says "that's Jeffs car and it should run high 8's". I had to make sure we were talking about the same car. The cars stance, wheels, tires and overall appearance plus sound (23x hyd roller) just gives you the "vibe" of a 12 second car and maybe 11 second car if there is a big shot of nitrous.

The only tell was when walking around the back of the car and seeing the "chute".

The "chute" had tipped me off but in was still BLOWN AWAY when he made his first pass and it was in the 8's

After seeing the car run 8.60's - 8.80's all day I believe everyone had the same opinion.

Josh, your car definitely "looks the part" for the ET it ran and at first look of the car and trailer, you can see why a "chute" would be on that car.

NOthing against Jeff's car since I am sure he has heard it a A LOT but it just did not look like a single digit car at all. The "why does this car have a chute" comment was about Jeffs car.

His wife was is due to have a baby this week and he "SMARTLY" stayed at home with his wife and can tell us all about his wife and son at the next Shootout.

If he was to make this Shootout he would be telling us about his son and EX WIFE at the next Shootout.

ANother example of life getting in the way of racing and even though everyone thinks that the car comes first for these people, the car stuff takes a back seat in these instances.

Lloyd

LTXTech Sponsor

Status

You were "given" the name "Parachute Guy" by the guy giving out the awards at the car show that really did not know people's names so he just did the best he could to describe the car.

"Trophy for RED CAR!!!"

"Trophy for PARACHUTE GUY"

Trophy for THAT GUY"

etc, etc as he headed them out.

Not quite that bad but not too far off either.

Anyway, that's where the "Parachute Guy" came from.

The pic I got in the parking lot was with me, you and Michael (car show guy).

Lloyd

10 Second Club

Status
    Name
    Josh Hamming
    Vehicle
    1996 Camaro Z28

Fun times for sure!

Josh Hamming
    1996 Z28
    8.503 @ 155.53 at the 2016 LTx Shootout

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ponyhntr For This Post: