Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Default How to remove a bent Valve.

Has anyone cut a valve stem so you could remove the valve. I have one bent valve on a new set of AFR heads. Can't figure out how it happened. Decided to adjust rockers one last time before going for a cruise and when I got to number 7 exhaust, it had a bent valve. Only time motor ran was adjusting tune in garage. No hit on piston, no mark on the valve. I can't figure it out, but need it removed. Any trick to this?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    97 Mystic Teal Camaro, Forged 396 Single plane EFI 24x N20, Finishline 4L60E, S60, M/T Drag Radial

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Enrique
    Vehicle
    93 Z28

I don't know, but that's a mood killer.
    93 Z28, 383, PI 3200, Strange 12 bolt, 3.73, Strange coilovers, suspension, and going 24X... for three years or so.

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

If it's bent the guide will more than likely need replaced as well. I guess you could cut it, deburr the edges, and pull it out just to see, but I would check that guide over well
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

Will check the guide when removed but looks fine. At the moment.
    You are not kidding about mood killer. Would have been driving it that weekend. Firebird 1995...cut with a grinder wheel you think. If I remove rocker studs, that may work

97 Mystic Teal Camaro, Forged 396 Single plane EFI 24x N20, Finishline 4L60E, S60, M/T Drag Radial

Cut valve with a cutoff wheel and guide looks good. I did an easy check for to much play and it passed. New valve and seal back in place. Retainer had a few marks on it from where the rocker hung up, new one should be here today.