Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Threaded View

Default Rentedmule's '95 Formula project

I've been lurking for a while so I thought I'd start a 'build' thread.

I picked up a cheap, high-mileage (200K kms) '95 Formula M6 a few years ago with the intention of using it as sort of fun beater car and not spending any money on it. It ended up being a bit nicer than I expected for what I paid so I've started to fix it up and use it as an alternate auto-X car when my normal race ride is down.

As purchased: Cloth interior, traction control and power options, non-WS6 with completely original suspension.

It came with the C6 wheels, a stainless Magnaflow cat-back, and MSD plug wires but otherwise it was bone stock.

It had a piles of rattles and clunks so after doing a new coolant temp and oil level sensor and a TB air-foil and smooth bellows I started in on the suspension.

I ran it as-is at an auto-X just for kicks - it was fun but it pitched and rolled like crazy! I also tried it on the Toyo R888's I use on my truck and it was even more ridiculous.

I swapped the original decarbons for SLP Bilsteins (wish I had held out for Konis...) and put on new strut mounts and Founders LCAs (rod end on axle, poly on car) and Panhard bar (rod ends on both sides).

It was better but it still had a bunch of clunks that I couldn't track down. I found a set of used BMR coils with new isolators/spring pad thingies in the back and that completely fixed the clunks - weird because the old isolators still looked fine. Stance was better too but I wish the front wasn't lower than the rear - heater hose mod may be in the future.

It still rolled a lot during auto-X so I popped for a set of Strano's hollow sway bars. Wow, do they ever make a difference over the skinny non-WS6 bars.

Last edited by rentedmule; 06-22-2016 at 11:00 AM.