Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    "The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Sounds great... nice burnout!

Were u riding the brake to slow it down?

LTXtech.com IS my drug...
    OWNER/ADMIN

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Lurker

Status

I was power braking it for a bit in second to get a good amount of smoke going.
    I had the car in the air at work the other day checking everything out and setting the alignment best I could and found all of the control arm bushings are junk. I'll be saving up some money to rebuild the front end.
    Slowly been putting a list together to make it more enjoyable daily but enhance it at the same time. 4.10s and no overdrive suck.
    So far it looks like this
    - poly front end kit
    - 98+ front brakes
    - kyb adjustable shocks
    - pro kit front springs
    - hose mod rear springs
    - built trans with 3k stall
    - swap from 4.10 to 3.42
    - ss spoiler
    - 275/40/17
    - sound damping
    That's all I have so far. I already have the front springs, 98 spindles, spoiler, trans, and 3.42 diff.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NoMoneyZ For This Post:

Lurker

Status

Well after the last track day in December the car shortly killed the water pump drive. The coupler was stripped and the water pump side was toast. The actual drive gear is somewhat worn but I don't have the time to replace that right now as the next track day is in a few days. I got another coupler and new water pump and everything seems tight. I don't thing I'll have a problem right away.

I've been working late every night to get this thing ready. After last time out I knew it was time to quite procrastinating and get the front end rebuilt as well as motor mounts and do the brake upgrade. So this week I've going hard on the car. Water pump is in, engine mounts are in, tq arm mount needs to go in, doing control arm bushings today and throwing it back together tonight with the bigger brakes. Talk about cutting it close.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

nice video

Lurker

Status

...and it just wasn't meant to be. Got it all put together late last night so I could align it at work today. Car started overheating at idle. I turned it off and went to bed. Checked coolant level this morning and topped it off. Let idle again and it overheated again. I'm thinking head gasket. It got pretty hot when the water pump coupler stripped the pump and it stopped flowing coolant. I'm going to do a block test and see what happens. It's a bit odd though. The temps are really high and the fans are on full blast but there is no pressure in the hoses. I can squeeze them closed. No coolant leaking either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

Ive seen thermostat springs fail after being overheated.

Lurker

Status

Yeah I'm going to try that and see what happens. Don't think I'll make it to track day tomorrow though.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Johnny
    Vehicle
    1994 formula A4

some other things would be radiator cap, and the obvious dirty/clogged radiator that almost every LT1 Ive owned has had.

Lurker

Status

I picked up a new cap also. Radiator is probably 8 years old so it could be clogged. I always flush it when I do the water pump and I've done about three or four since I've had the car. I know my heater core is plugged but that shouldn't affect cooling. Going to swap out thermostat and cap today and see what happens.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NoMoneyZ For This Post:

Lurker

Status

Swapped out the thermostat last weekend and bled the cooling system. No overheating. Threw a new cap on also. Car is running around 190 with the ac on during the hottest part of the day. Next track day is July 22nd I'm psyched, but I need to swap rear ends and front brakes. The 4.10s are whining like crazy and make the converter way too loose. The brakes leave a lot to be desired. I was going to swap them when I did the control arms but I found I also killed the hubs last time out also so I need to get a couple of those.

I got the control arm bushings done, tq arm bushings done, motor mounts done, and a solid alignment. Car feels a lot tighter daily driving.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NoMoneyZ For This Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast