Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

Default Reverse lockout and speedo issue

Long story short: Had my computer reflashed with an auto tune to get the fueling/spark right before a dyno pull. I've since revised the auto tune and have eliminated as much of the trans stuff as possible by copying data from a 95 M6 tune or the previous Solomon one I had.

The biggest problem is that the reverse lockout solenoid isn't energized with the car stopped so I have to muscle it into gear. Conversely, it is energized when the car is moving so the shifter will slide past 5th. Is there something in the tune that I'm missing? I see 2 scalars in Tunerpro related to reverse (reverse inhibit or enable vehicle speed) but all of the M6 tunes are no different from the A4 one.

Also, my speedometer is slightly off. I have an excel file that can calculate the speedo scalar, fraction, and scan tool but am not sure what to put in for 'time between pulses for stop' (if it matters that much). If anyone has tunercat or lt1edit and could post the correct values, it would be much appreciated. Tires are 315/35r18 (26.68 diameter), 3.89 gears, 17 teeth on trans reluctor (6 speed).

Also got a SES code for 24 (could be related to speedo?) and 37 (brake switch and tcc?). I think they may be related. Is there something not in the EE that I'm missing? If all else fails I will copy most of the data onto a basic M6 tune.
    96Z M6, ERE-383 #60, AFR 210s, LE cam, 9", Procharger D1, ???whp
    95 Roadmaster T-56 swap, LE1s, baby cam, 4.56s, "The Cammaster"
    95 Firehawk hooptie, bolt-ons and suspension

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

You never had anything on the trans unplugged did you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
    You never had anything on the trans unplugged did you?
    Nope... nothing changed but the tune.

I'm guessing there are some bits missing from the EE definition in Tunerpro that distinguish an auto/manual tune. I stopped being lazy and copied all of the valuable data from the revised auto tune onto a stock 95 M6 and now the reverse lockout works as it should.

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

Ok that's odd because if it was working before, then you changed the tune, then you went back.......that pin on the PCM for the reverse lockout doesn't magically switch from a positive signal to a ground. That's very very odd. It's probably something IN the tune. I would get an M6 tune, match up all the engine parameters with what you currently have (spark, VE, MAF, etc), and then double check.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    96 Z28, 95 Roadmaster

That's what I did. New tune is just the old one pasted onto a stock 95 M6 and everything is fine now. Must be some sort of logic difference between A4/M6 in the tune that can't be accessed by Tunerpro, at least with the def I was using. I wonder if Tunercat would have more options to convert between auto and manual.

LTX Master

Status
    Vehicle
    1994 z28 2005 gxp

can you just go back to your tune, and then just copy out the the fuel and spark tables out?
    i clicked around in tunercats a little and nothing popped out saying auto vs manual.