Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    jon
    Vehicle
    95 trans am

Default New years goal success. 11.9 advice?

So i finally picked up some new slicks. they are 28x10 17s. Tried them out yesterday and i love them. Zero traction issues.

I do have some bog on engine only though. it put down about 330 to the wheels on engine. When i leave the line, even at like 4500 im getting lots of bog, all the way down to about 2,000 rpm. the car seems to run fine otherwise, and everything is pretty new i dont think its missing or anything. do you guys think the power is just too low?

on nitrous, it put down like 380 hp and 480 tq, but i have added a cut out since, and seems to have knocked off a consistent 2 tenths in the quarter. stock single exhaust was choking it up. point being, hp is probably a little higher than quoted on a 125 shot of nitrous, but i havent tested it since the cut out.

Anyway...on nitrous at 4000 it leaves hard pretty good, maybe a little bog though.

So thoughts? am i just lacking power? or do yall think im missing under that heavy load? is that plenty of power to not bog? i mean im spinning the tires zero, my gf got lots of vids.

If anyone would like to watch any of the videos, im on facebook at jonmccarn

Here is a slip of one of my fastest passes. against some insanely fast turbo vette...check out the numbers here, the videos on my facebook. I think he waited until the 60 or so to actually hit it.
    11 second slip.jpg

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    jon
    Vehicle
    95 trans am

Getting better struggling with consistency on the new slicks. Lots of 12.0s a few 11.9s and this. But I have been fighting broken parts. Nitrous backfire then the next week I broke the clutch in pieces . she's back together and ready to go faster though
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by zoomo; 04-22-2016 at 07:27 AM.