Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    "The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedJunkee View Post
    As much as I hate to say this, it is a dying event. The attendance has fallen (NOT increased), and every year it seems many say they are going, or want to go, then don't show, or come up with something last moment preventing them. Each year there are just less people who continue to maintain the LTX platform, and less enthusiasts who wish to attend the LTXShootout. Last I checked, (like a week ago), there were a whopping 2 people registered for the 2016 LTXShootout. I realize this number will increase as the event gets closer. But if you are like me, I am choosing not to go, simply because there are many more events that will have a decent amount of attendance.

I wish to convey no offense to the event, or people who do actually go there, just wish to pass on my opinion purely as the OP was looking for this specific input.
    Hes right... its a dying breed ans a dying event. Its the last event our community really has.

The thing that he fails to mention is the shootout is about the community. This is the best on line community I have ever been a part of... and this event makes getting together and doing and supporting something we all enjoy together.

The other thing "speed junkie" is right about is that many do stop attending... and many even stop visiting the forum (at least under their original screen names)... but as I see it... thats not a bad thing. Because those people were usually the whinners and complainers, and honestly... the event and community is better off without them.

Last year @firebird_1995 and the coordinators did a wonderful job with the event, and the car count was just as strong as it had been in the past, and will probably get a little bit stronger in the future as these guys continue to show how much they care and make effort to make the event happen.

In conclusion, he was right with what he posted, but not accurate with the details of the pros/cons.

LTXtech.com IS my drug...
    OWNER/ADMIN

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to popo8 For This Post:

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by donfrye View Post
    I got an idea, ill trailer mine down from indy and everyone can jump in to do a parking lot cam swap!!!

(Come on, a guy can dream right?)
    Probably not much of a dream. I've seen guys change rear ends in the parking lot the night before. Bring it and we'll make it happen
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedJunkee View Post
    As much as I hate to say this, it is a dying event. The attendance has fallen (NOT increased), and every year it seems many say they are going, or want to go, then don't show, or come up with something last moment preventing them. Each year there are just less people who continue to maintain the LTX platform, and less enthusiasts who wish to attend the LTXShootout. Last I checked, (like a week ago), there were a whopping 2 people registered for the 2016 LTXShootout. I realize this number will increase as the event gets closer. But if you are like me, I am choosing not to go, simply because there are many more events that will have a decent amount of attendance.

I wish to convey no offense to the event, or people who do actually go there, just wish to pass on my opinion purely as the OP was looking for this specific input.
    We've been hearing people say the event is dying for several years now. Car count has never been and never will be on par with other platform specific events, but as long as there are people willing to make the drive to race or spectate and sponsors generous enough to donate, it will continue.

Also, registration has been open for 10 days
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

5. The Following User Says Thank You to firebird_1995 For This Post:

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1995 Camaro Z28 T-Top 383 lt1

i would love to go never seen a ltx event like this before maybe in 2017 ill make the trip from texas. ive never been with more than 2 ltx at a time due to the fact that every one wants a ls or has a ls. hopefully if all goes well ill see yall in 17.
    95 Z28 383 Stroker LT1, built A4 with stall, 3.73 gears.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to z28venom For This Post:

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by z28venom View Post
    i would love to go never seen a ltx event like this before maybe in 2017 ill make the trip from texas. ive never been with more than 2 ltx at a time due to the fact that every one wants a ls or has a ls. hopefully if all goes well ill see yall in 17.
    Look forward to seeing you! It's one of those events that once you go to you will have a better appreciation for it.
    I will go out on a limb and say the only negative feedback you will get on the shootout is from people that have never actually attended.
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to firebird_1995 For This Post:

My only negative feedback is about the heat Looking forward to this year, hopefully things work out and my car ventures back out to Midwest nowhere land
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shownomercy For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by shownomercy View Post
    My only negative feedback is about the heatLooking forward to this year, hopefully things work out and my car ventures back out to Midwest nowhere land
    Duh... just use ur AC.

OWNER/ADMIN

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Duh... just use ur AC.

OWNER/ADMIN
    If diesel stays as cheap as it is now, come the end of summer, I will run that poor truck all day
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle

Hahaha... Mrs Popo was hiding in the Caddy all day. In and out with the AC cranked and the remote start to cool it before she went over to it.

OWNER/ADMIN

All I can say is last year was my first time attending and I brought my 4 year old daughter who has done nothing but beg to come back so I can say I definitely be there this year unless something crazy keeps us from it. This is without a doubt the best group I've ever had the privilege to be around. Didn't know anyone and they all made us feel like family there. This is definitely worth the trip.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jeffsz28 For This Post:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast