Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Brian DeLuca
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

It's peaking around where I would expect for that cam. The curve is smooth so doesn't look like any misfire issues. A boost leak is possible but it would be small as having a pipe come off would not result in that kind of power.

Honestly the power curve looks nice. Increasing boost should move the midrange up significantly but you may not pick up the same amount up top. The comment regarding spring seat pressure is going to be important if you are increasing boost.

I saw a soft amount of valve float when I went from 15 to around 19lbs. Mid range picked up big time since it saw more boost earlier but went soft up top with nearly the same peak numbers.

New valve springs, same cam and minor valvetrain changes netted me another 70 or so at the tire.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt - 10.2@140 / 777rwhp - Forever Dyno Queen
    17 Corvette Z06 - 11.05 @ 125
    17 GMC Sierra Denali Dmax

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdws6 View Post
    It's peaking around where I would expect for that cam. The curve is smooth so doesn't look like any misfire issues. A boost leak is possible but it would be small as having a pipe come off would not result in that kind of power.

Honestly the power curve looks nice. Increasing boost should move the midrange up significantly but you may not pick up the same amount up top. The comment regarding spring seat pressure is going to be important if you are increasing boost.

I saw a soft amount of valve float when I went from 15 to around 19lbs. Mid range picked up big time since it saw more boost earlier but went soft up top with nearly the same peak numbers.

New valve springs, same cam and minor valvetrain changes netted me another 70 or so at the tire.
    Cool man. I told llyod to put me the best springs he had. What kind of spring did you end up with after?

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Brian DeLuca
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 96famaro View Post
    Cool man. I told llyod to put me the best springs he had. What kind of spring did you end up with after?
    I'm using Manley Nextek springs. I have to look up the seat pressure they were setup for though. Original springs were Patriot Gold Extreme pieces.

Awesome sir. Thanks

I figured I give an update of my new setup.
    - E85
    -OBX longtube headers. 3.5 collectors, stepped 13/4 to 1 7/8 primaries.
    - bumped compression up to 9:8:1 (wanted to go higher but I'll run this.)
    -got a 4 inch blower pulley. Looking for 20 psi or little over that.
    -redesigning my loonies double walbro in tank feed setup.
    - walbro 255 lph pump and walbro 465lph pump in tank pumps.
    -3 inch true dual exhaust, X pipe under axle with C6 Corvette Corsa sport mufflers
    -Manley Nextek valve springs with retainers and locks.
    - dual methanol nozzles.
    -Diamond .040 over bkower pistons
    - Bosch 160lb injectors high impedance.

I took the heads to Lloyd and we found out that the old springs were in fact having valve float issues. I talked with my tuner and he said gains of 100 rwhp was possible just from switching 93 to E85. I'm going to shoot low but I think it will put down 850 rwhp this time around. What do yall think?
    Last edited by 96famaro; 05-04-2016 at 02:01 PM.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Alex Rauld
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am GT

That's awesome!

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Brian DeLuca
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

Willing to share how you are modding the Lonnies twin pumps to the bigger units? Did you already do fuel lines? Switching to E85 and pushing more timing should net some nice gains. What were you putting down before? Maybe you already posted that info.

Keep us posted.

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Sounds like fun. Couldnt inagine doubling my boost...

LTXtech.com IS my drug...
    OWNER/ADMIN

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

Quote Originally Posted by myltwon View Post
    That's awesome!
    its going to be fun to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdws6 View Post
    Willing to share how you are modding the Lonnies twin pumps to the bigger units? Did you already do fuel lines? Switching to E85 and pushing more timing should net some nice gains. What were you putting down before? Maybe you already posted that info.

Keep us posted.
    I don't mind it one bit. I already installed my fuel tank back in the car with the way Lonnie left it, so I have to get it back out again when I'm ready to do it. This was just one of those last minute decision. I feel that it has flow restriction on the T- fitting. I'll share how i go about doing it my way. Real reason this idea came up is when i ran across one of Squash Performance dual pumps for my CTSV setup and got me thinking.... I modified my fuel rails. Added a larger diameter feed tube and added an additional bridge tube. -8An feed line, -6AN return. was putting down 700rwhp.

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Sounds like fun. Couldnt inagine doubling my boost...

LTXtech.com IS my drug...
    OWNER/ADMIN
    yea i figured id step it up. I don't want to be left behind by the new gen LT1orLT4 which seem to make ridiculous power with little proper tweaking.
    Last edited by 96famaro; 05-05-2016 at 12:25 AM.

Forgot to mention that I believe my electrical might have not been up to par as well. It might have been ok but I like to know that it wasn't just borderline. I ran a 2/0 gauge power cable from rear to front of car and two 2guage ground wires to rear chassis and 2 gauge ground cable, engine block to chassis. And a 2guage alternator power cable to front positive distribution point. I also upgraded the alternator to a Cadillac Escalade 145amp. I also moved the Racetronix dual fuel pump wiring to where the positive connectors are connected straight to the alternator output rather than putting it at the positive distribution point.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast