Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default LT1 F1R Procharger wanting to up the power

My setup
    - splayed 4 bolt mains9:2:1 static compression
    -forged 383 bottom end
    -Trick Flow heads 23*degree LE ported 215cc runners, 2.08 IN. 1.60 EX. Double springs (155lb seat) 62cc combustion chambers
    -LT1 intake LE ported
    -Cam 224 in. 236 ex. @.50 574 in. 572 ex. 114LSA
    -24x connection
    -Pacesetter longtubes
    -F1R procharger @ 14.8psi. (93 octane pump gas)
    -31x12x4 cxr racing intercooler
    - -8AN fuel feed. -6AN return
    -lonnies double fuel pumps ( hobs switch)
    - Siemens 80lb injectors
    - snow performance straight methanol dual noozle
    -Aeromotive 1:1 boost fuel regulator 54psi baseline

Alright that setup makes 700rwhp @5800 rpm 652rwtq @5200
    Ok so this is a weekend car and will be running pump gas (93 octane). I'm looking to get more power out of it and was wondering what my injectors can support. The tuner said i was at 90% duty cycle. I was sure it would have supported more but not sure. Do you think it would do ok with 20 psi? Can i add another fuel pump maybe? And if i add 150 shot of nitrous is it definitely going to need more injector? Some input would be great on this. I know LT1s have made bigger power but ive only seen them with turbo setups. Let me know your thoughts. I'm i pretty much maxed out on my cam or something else that might be holding me back? What will it take to make around 1000rwhp given i change out whats nesessary ? Will the blower even be able to do it? Lots of questions but I'm ready to up it up!
    Last edited by 96famaro; 02-06-2016 at 01:03 AM.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Brian DeLuca
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

I don't see you hitting 1000rwhp with that cam. Maybe if you crank up the boost and then add the 150 nitrous shot on top of it that will get you close.

With more boost, you will be creating more heat, less efficiency, etc so for each lb past that sweet spot, it won't have the same power increase. I think I have the same intercooler as you and that may be a limiting factor as well.

Just curious but are you just looking to hit 1000rwhp as a fun number or have a plan to use it all?

97 T/A Ram Air Convt - 10.2@140 / 777rwhp - Forever Dyno Queen
    17 Corvette Z06 - 11.05 @ 125
    17 GMC Sierra Denali Dmax

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blackbirdws6 For This Post:

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Wondering the same thing... at 602 rwhp... mine is a handful... i gotta say that is alot for a street car.

LTXtech.com IS my drug...
    OWNER/ADMIN

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

The FABRICATOR!

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1985 Monte Carlo SS

I think if you upped the boost you may have to increase your valve spring pressure. You'd have to talk to lloyd about what springs you have and what they are rated at with the valve open.
    Chris
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    Mods: 9:1 383 LT1, Ported Trick Flow heads, D1SC Procharger, 4L80E, 3.50 9"
    Check out the M122 MCSS build thread here!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to firebird_1995 For This Post:

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

What trans are you running? Makes a difference, since we have to estimate flywheel HP to evaluate the injectors. What base fuel pressure are you running? What type of nitrous shot - wet (affects fuel pump, not injectors) or dry (affects fuel pump and injectors)?
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdws6 View Post
    I don't see you hitting 1000rwhp with that cam. Maybe if you crank up the boost and then add the 150 nitrous shot on top of it that will get you close.

With more boost, you will be creating more heat, less efficiency, etc so for each lb past that sweet spot, it won't have the same power increase. I think I have the same intercooler as you and that may be a limiting factor as well.

Just curious but are you just looking to hit 1000rwhp as a fun number or have a plan to use it all?
    yea i know i don't want to change my cam. It has great street manners and drives just like a stock car would. I'll be happy if i can get maybe right at 800rwhp without nitrous.bumping boost up, you think it will have detonation problems aroind 20psi? I'm looking for more power cause my Vipers have almost that with very little and I dont want to be left behind. And this is a shop car also so really just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Wondering the same thing... at 602 rwhp... mine is a handful... i gotta say that is alot for a street car.

LTXtech.com IS my drug...
    OWNER/ADMIN
    well ive got the blower and figured why keep it held back when i know it can do more.

Quote Originally Posted by firebird_1995 View Post
    I think if you upped the boost you may have to increase your valve spring pressure. You'd have to talk to lloyd about what springs you have and what they are rated at with the valve open.
    cant remember exact specs but 155lbs seat and 400lbs i believe open.

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    What trans are you running? Makes a difference, since we have to estimate flywheel HP to evaluate the injectors. What base fuel pressure are you running? What type of nitrous shot - wet (affects fuel pump, not injectors) or dry (affects fuel pump and injectors)?
    good points i forgot to mention. 54 baseline psi, and definitely i want a wet shot 125 to 175 shot but really thinking more 150. its a T56.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Brian DeLuca
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 96famaro View Post
    yea i know i don't want to change my cam. It has great street manners and drives just like a stock car would. I'll be happy if i can get maybe right at 800rwhp without nitrous.bumping boost up, you think it will have detonation problems aroind 20psi? I'm looking for more power cause my Vipers have almost that with very little and I dont want to be left behind. And this is a shop car also so really just for fun.

well ive got the blower and figured why keep it held back when i know it can do more.

cant remember exact specs but 155lbs seat and 400lbs i believe open.

good points i forgot to mention. 54 baseline psi, and definitely i want a wet shot 125 to 175 shot but really thinking more 150. its a T56.
    Adding boost and reducing timing should work fine. You have a meth kit so you might as well take advantage of it If you aren't already. Your build is similar to mine and I'm running 17lbs or so making nearly 800rwhp.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt - 10.2@140 / 777rwhp - Forever Dyno Queen
    17 Corvette Z06 - 11.05 @ 125
    17 GMC Sierra Denali Dmax

10. The Following User Says Thank You to blackbirdws6 For This Post:

Another question is if i do spray will i have to retard timing making it loose a lot of power up until i spray? Or can the timing stay where it is?

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

With the T56/12-bolt losses I actually measured with my setup (less than 12.5% at the 800 FWHP level), and not knowing the type of rear (9-inch eats up 3% more power than the 12-bolt, S60 consumes less than the 12-bolt), would put you at ~800-825 FWHP, and shooting for 1,125-1,175 FWHP. I've personally seen a 383ci LT1 with only a Vortech S/C (no nitrous) make 1,125 FWHP. ran 9.05 @ 156MPH at almost 4,000# race weight. After he decided he needed more power, he went to an aftermarket Gen 1 block. When the LT1 was sold and torn down, it was still found to be in excellent condition, indicating the block could actually handle that kind of power. Interesting fact was the block was a Corvette 4-bolt main, with STRAIGHT, not splayed end bolts (obviously, the bolts and caps were upgraded). Was not using meth. Had a water/air intercooler. Believe he was right at 9.0:1 SCR, but was running C16.

If your injectors are already at 90% DC, something doesn't seem right. If the injectors are rated at 80 #/HR (at what pressure? - typically 43.5 PSI), starting with a base pressure of 54 PSI, and assuming 10 PSI boost, they should flow ~96 #/HR at 64 PSI. Something doesn't add up.

Hopefully the forged bottom end is very high quality parts.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Injuneer For This Post:

20160207_202231.jpg
    Here's the dyno graph. Sorry for poor quality.
    I just remembered that not long after getting the car back an o2 sensor was going bad. Changed both sensors and ran great and still does today. Another thing was when I drove the car home it felt very slow on moderate acceleration. I didn't think much of it cause I didn't want to go (W.O.T.) until I got home and checked to make sure everything looked good. Well I got home pooped the hood everything looked alright until I moved around the left side blower piping, yup sure enough it had apparently popped off on the last dyno run they did. I got it put back together and once again major power increase!!
    So I have a few theories
    1) could it have been that maybe the o2's were causing tuning misfires?
    2) maybe the piping wasn't holding together?
    3) could it be that perhaps the fuel tank needed to ventilate more For the injectors?

It seems that my power curve starts to drop pretty good after 6,000 rpm. I figured it should have been making peak power around 6,200 rpm and not drop like that. I'm ready to do this so really appreciate any help so I'm not spending time or any money on something that won't work. Thanks

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast