Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8pt. Roll bar

Looks great man, I have got to cage my car as well. Have any of you guys used a Midwest Chassis 8 point cage? Not roll bar but cage.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Photos
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Lurker

Status

Thanks for all the replies guys. Exactly what I was looking for.
    I have another question. We are installing a 6 gal. Fuel cell in the well in the back.
    If anyone has done this, how did you separate it from the drivers compartment?
    Injuneer it looks like you have a panel running up to the rear hatch?
    96 Z28 A4, 3000 stall, S60 with 4.11's, Bolt on's, NA, 11.82,115,1.60 60 ft

@Injuneer Fred, is yours chromoly or mild steel?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Jim
    Vehicle
    1996 Z28
    1996 camaro Z28, Clayton racing 398, Rossler TH350 rmvb with brake, FTI billet race converter 4400, Dana S60 with 4.10's, 300 shot, Accel DFI controlled, UMI, Spohn, PA racing, QA1's, Baer brakes, 325/45/17 M&H, Caged, Corbeau's, Simpson, etc.
    From zero to fuck yeah in 3 seconds.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

@Vicious95Z28

Chrome moly. So are the subframe connectors. The hoop is supposed to be integrated with the back end of the SFC's, and the front brace is supposed to be integrated with the front end of the SFC. That's what I asked him to do.

Can't remember the guy who built/installed it. He had a shop up near Sparta, NJ and had done a lot of work for George Baxter... figured that was good enough for me. Shortly after he did my car, he got a job with Roush racing, and moved out of state.
    Last edited by Injuneer; 01-19-2016 at 08:32 PM.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff400w View Post
    Thanks for all the replies guys. Exactly what I was looking for.
    I have another question. We are installing a 6 gal. Fuel cell in the well in the back.
    If anyone has done this, how did you separate it from the drivers compartment?
    Injuneer it looks like you have a panel running up to the rear hatch?
    Thats just the stock, flimsy fiber hatch cover panel. I don't have a cell. I have a pic of a cell in the back of a 4th Gen, but it's a vert and has stock sheet metal between the trunk and the passenger compartment.

There was someone making/selling a sheet metal panel that did look similar to what is in my pic, and was accepted as a "firewall", although that seemed like a stretch to me. Can't remember who made it.... long time ago.

I think it was Madman's setup.... where he raised the floor of the hatch so it was above the cell, and only the fill cap was accessible from inside. Everything else was technically outside the body. He may even have had some sort of cover over the hole for the fill cap.

Also remember seeing one in the stock tank location, with an access panel in the vertical wall of the hatch well.
    Last edited by Injuneer; 01-19-2016 at 08:37 PM.

Lurker

Status

I'm thinking about building a cover over the cell, tied into the tail panel support with 2 small side panels and vent it to the area where the filler neck was. I agree the sheetmetal panel seems like a stretch. I don't know how you could get a tight firewall seal to the rear hatch. I know there is a ton of 4th gen stock eliminator cars out there, I've been looking for pictures of what there running but I haven't found any. I've seen them at the track but I didn't pay attention to that detail.

Lurker

Status

Default 8pt. Roll Bar

We finally have the roll bar installed. Here are a couple pics.
    We installed through floor frame connectors and attached struts from the main hoop to the
    frame connectors. Currently building an enclosure for the Aeromotive 6 gal. Fuel cell in the rear, and
    changing the 4L60E to a Turbo 350.
    Thanks again for everyone's help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12