Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Brad Powell
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28 M6, LT4

Default No fuel pressure...but pumping fuel

So when I have a gauge hooked up and use the prime cord the pump runs and I hear fuel moving at the rail, but no pressure builds. It does this with an aeromotive adj regulator and the stocker. Maybe the pump is bad? Everything on the pump is hooked up correctly. Car was running on jack stands, I shut it off to put it on the ground and now it won't run. It fires periodically, but won't idle. Here's a vid of the prime with a gauge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 9t4zee28; 11-21-2015 at 03:42 PM.
    2007 Silverado CC Z71 VortecMax

1994 Camaro M6 Z28. 355 forged 24x LE2 LT4 H/I, LE cam, supporting mods, LT's ypipe, etc

Long Live the Opti

Status
    Name
    Sean
    Vehicle
    1999 Twin Turbo Corvette

have you tried priming with the fuel line opened somewhere, to verify actual flow? Back of the rail, under the car, at the filter, just try it once that way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stout View Post
    I would try to work my neck muscles but I'm not invited to the LS guy parties.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Brad Powell
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28 M6, LT4

Yeah I tried it with the fuel line off the rail and it pumps fuel out

1994 Camaro M6 Z28. 355 forged 24x LE2 LT4 H/I, LE cam, supporting mods, LT's ypipe, etc

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    jon
    Vehicle
    95 trans am

maybe you could try pinching the return line off while priming it and see if it would try to build pressure then....if it built plenty of pressure at that point blame the regulator, if it builds anything under like 60 i would say somethings up with the pump

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Brad Powell
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28 M6, LT4

I'll try that in the morning, then look at the pump. I had the stock and the aftermarket adj on it and both don't build pressure, I'm leaning toward pump at this point. Crazy thing is it was idling fine, I shut it off for 2 mins tops and it restarted idling real rough and low rpm then died. Now, if I let it sit for a while, it'll hit, then die immediately

Lurker

Status

Did you take the Schrader valve out
    forged 383,9.6:1,280xfi, trickflow heads,edlebrock lt4 intake,moser 12 bolt w/373

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Brad Powell
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28 M6, LT4

Got fuel pressure...faulty gauge ...got new ICM and still no idling, must be the opti...here's a video of it "running"

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

There are two different types of gauges. A "test pressure gauge" has a pin that depresses the core of the Schrader valve, allowing pressure to reach the gauge. A plain "gauge" does not have the pin, and requires that the valve core be removed, as tleed pointed out above.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Brad Powell
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28 M6, LT4

The pin had fallen out of the fitting and I didn't know it, my plugs are black and gas filled now, so I'll try new plugs before I swap opti's