Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1997 K1500, SS/SB

Default Optispark update is still alive

Hi Guys, I'm finally able to stick my head up out of the river of shat, trying to get back online with the Magnatronix conversion, one good thing came out of it I have found a sensor that will not need an amplifier. And it is WAY way smaller. I do now own a 1995 Camaro with an LT1, this will be the "new" test bed, but I have to rebuild the trans as well, second gear is not entirely there. lol at any rate I am back up and running after a year of Hell, and I do need a cople of dead optisparks 95 to 97, if any one has a couple that they would let go of? to recap, i am switching to a magnetic sensor and a window wheel to output a signal for a 411 swap.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    josh
    Vehicle
    97 ss camaro

I have 3 pay the shipping and they are yours not sure about the condition of any of them.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

I have an Accel vented core here. $20 shipped.

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1997 K1500, SS/SB

I need the 1995-1997 the one with the big hub on back, and no splines, just an o ring on the shaft,

please post pictures of the motor side of your units

I'll be more than happy to take them off of your hands

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1997 K1500, SS/SB

Quote Originally Posted by miller09 View Post
    I have 3 pay the shipping and they are yours not sure about the condition of any of them.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk
    Miller09 can you get me a quote for shipping???

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1997 K1500, SS/SB

thanks to Harner the "first" prototype Is now ready for testing. just need to get the motor/trans back in the rig, and get it wired up. once this is proven, (I am expecting a few glitches, as with any new idea) I and a friend are working on a cheaper 24X reluctor for the LTX family. Of course I'll have to go CNP at that time as well. I should be picking the pace up from now on, as this will be my last weekend working overtime for a few months, two years ago "2014" I worked 29 weekends, this last year "2015" I worked 24: needles to say I nearly doubled my salery this last year and did the year before. I DO need to be at home more for my family, as well as getting this project and a couple more finished up. I do appologise to all for the slow rate of progress, all I can give for an excuse is, "life Happens". I do have all of the needed test equiptment and parts - now it is a matter of getting it done.

Cool, I'm not up to date with exactly what you're trying to do. Would you mind filling me in?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1997 K1500, SS/SB

Hello all, the MagnaTronX is in final stages, I now own my own mill and lathe, so I should be able to turn this stuff around faster for open sales plus save everybody money. the MagnaTronX is now top priority since my 1995 Z28's opti has lost the low resolution signal. Which is giving me hell on the road. I keep wondering when it is going to send me walking for help. lol. should have pictures of teardown starting sometime next week, I have to get the 4L60E back together and in the 97 K1500 first, so I have wheels. then MagnaTronX is on deck.

just a FYI we are also trying to adapt the BBC 24X reluctor to the SBC, my 2001 K2500 LT1 swap will be the test, and proof of concept vehicle.

InActive Member

Status
    Vehicle
    1997 K1500, SS/SB

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious95Z28 View Post
    Cool, I'm not up to date with exactly what you're trying to do. Would you mind filling me in?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
    sorry I just saw this, the concept is to get away from the Optispark and LT junckinese ECU, and upgrade to the 411, and 4X or 24X if you desire. 4X will require using the Opti "distributor" Hi voltage section, and the 24X will let you run CNP