Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Lurker

Status
    Name
    Caleb
    Vehicle
    '94 Bright Teal Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    Running open headers, with the O2 sensors in the collectors, can cause the engine to run rich. The backwash of air causes the O2 sensors to report a lean condition.
    I read about that. I connected the pipes after the collectors but not the Y pipe to put the exits further back. I'm getting this muffler on soon it's to loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bright Teal ’94 Z28 – K&N CAI – Speed Engineering LTs – Pacesetter ORY – Magnaflow Muff
    Test my MPG Calculator https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Caleb
    Vehicle
    '94 Bright Teal Z28 M6

Here's a pic of them installed.

Bright Teal ’94 Z28 – K&N CAI – Speed Engineering LTs – Pacesetter ORY – Magnaflow Muff

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Caleb
    Vehicle
    '94 Bright Teal Z28 M6

Default Maintenance on my '94 z28 pic heavy

I did some testing on the serial converter w/ FTDI chipset. You only need to connect pin M to Tx/Rx and pin A to Gnd. It's two wires only. Will post a pic of it when I can.

Last edited by Mrmaroon; 12-18-2016 at 04:05 PM.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

But you said you were running "open headers".... not open exhaust.

I guess I'm not quite smart enough to follow this thread.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Caleb
    Vehicle
    '94 Bright Teal Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
    But you said you were running "open headers".... not open exhaust.

I guess I'm not quite smart enough to follow this thread.
    I put them on after I posted that. I was afraid of melting my fuel lines. I don't know if it's a real worry or not.

Lurker

Status
    Name
    Caleb
    Vehicle
    '94 Bright Teal Z28 M6

Now I know how you guys with thousands of dollars and hours of work feel when you wreck.

I was up late doing some work on my car. Driving home there was a layer of snow dust on the road so I was trying to be careful. I hit a spot where all the snow had melted and at the end had turned to ice.

Crazy as I was doing 2 360 degree spins I strapped my seatbelt halfway. The whole time thinking "I'm going to be so pissed if I total this thing now!"

I went off the road backwards at a 45 angle and dropped about 4 feet into a flat patch of grass and stopped just short of an electric fence. I was driving around 45mph.

I drove the car out of it luckily and checked it at a station. everything looked ok. I need to check underneath. Don't think it did any major damage.

Ironically a mile after I got the car out a Mustang comes hauling ass towards me headed for the icy turn

"The Rock"

Status
    Name
    Popo
    Vehicle
    1996 Impala with the heart of the old camaro. 1993 Corvette..

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmaroon View Post
    Now I know how you guys with thousands of dollars and hours of work feel when you wreck.

I was up late doing some work on my car. Driving home there was a layer of snow dust on the road so I was trying to be careful. I hit a spot where all the snow had melted and at the end had turned to ice.

Crazy as I was doing 2 360 degree spins I strapped my seatbelt halfway. The whole time thinking "I'm going to be so pissed if I total this thing now!"

I went off the road backwards at a 45 angle and dropped about 4 feet into a flat patch of grass and stopped just short of an electric fence. I was driving around 45mph.

I drove the car out of it luckily and checked it at a station. everything looked ok. I need to check underneath. Don't think it did any major damage.

Ironically a mile after I got the car out a Mustang comes hauling ass towards me headed for the icy turn
    U got lucky... be safe.

LTXtech.com IS my drug...
    OWNER/ADMIN

Our BIG MOMENT @ the 2012 LTXshootout

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=521756391174175

1996 Camaro Z28: RIP 09/25/2016

1994 Trans Am GT: SOLD 05/2017

1985/1996GS clone: SOLD

1996 Impala SS H/C, LT, with true dual exhaust, 4.10s, lowered, with CPT trans, many cosmetic mods, and a whole lot more to come...

2002 Caddilac EscaladeL CAI, lowered, 6.0 , AWD..

LTX Member

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1995 Caprice 9c1

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmaroon View Post

Glad you didn't total it.

Sent from my Commodore64, excuse typos & brevity
    'A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop.'
    -Robert Hughes

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314