Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
SSS

10 Second N/A Club

Status
    Name
    Josh
    Vehicle
    96 Z28

Default MY 2015 LTX Shootout

Now that we've made it back and unloaded everything from the 2015 LTX Shootout I'd like to take this time to thank everyone for another great year. I know it's been said several times but I want to tell a story to back up the statements that the people that race and attend this event are among the best group of racers I've ever been around.

My truck had some trouble about an hour outside of Bowling Green which forced me to stop on the side of the highway. I had been talking with Lloyd Elliott @
    NightTrain66 on the way from KC to BG to see when everyone was going to arrive at the hotel. After learning of our trouble Lloyd who was ridding with Ray @Chopstix immediately offered to help. They were also about an hour outside BG and stopped at a parts store on the way to the hotel buying everything I could possibly need to get the truck fixed on the side of the road. Once they got to the hotel they dropped Ray's trailer and headed to our location which was literally a pin drop screen shot on google maps! They arrived we got the truck going and got to the hotel. As I drove tot he hotel happy to be off the side of the highway I realized I see these guys once a year for a weekend. They just drove from Texas to Kentucky, dropped their trailer and then drove an hour north to help us totaling two more hours of driving. They volunteered this help without hesitation. For me that sums up the attitude, atmosphere, and spirit of the people who makeup the LTX Shootout and the LTX community. I can't thank Ray and Lloyd enough for helping us, I don't even know what that tow bill would have been!

The story doesn't end there though. At the track a racer who was very competitive in the class he was in broke a part. Ray had already decided his car was done for the day offered the part off his car to the other racer (who was in the same class) so they could continue to race. The smiles, helpfulness, and friendly competitive atmosphere are like nothing you've experienced at a racetrack unless you've been to a Shootout.

Then you get to the after party. The parking turns into a make shift bars on the backs of trailers, boxes of pizza arrive for everyone, and all the friendly faces arrive with coolers and a lawn chairs. For those who've never been or say it's too far I can promise you, it's worth the drive.

Thank you to the LTX Community, Brad @
    79LT1Monte, and the entire Certified Performance group for all the work behnid the scenes to keep this event alive.

Looking forward to the 2016 LTX Shootout and being the 2016 Mod N/A champ! Jeff @
    Badhawk!

Josh Laitner
    BDB Racing LLC
    Last edited by 96LT1355Z28; 09-07-2015 at 12:17 PM.
    -Josh
    co-owner of BDBRacing.com
    NMCA OC 9004
    96, N/A 385, Holley EFI, Faceplated M6, AI TFS heads, LE SR cam, MWC Fab 9
    10.16 @ 136 1.50 60'........still workin on that 60' shootin for 1.4's!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 96LT1355Z28 For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status

Was nice to meet you Josh. Car runs awesome. I was the guy who walked up and was bothering you while you were counting clicks
    Bryan
    1994 B4C "Special Service" Camaro - Stock LT1 - 6 speed - 46k miles - Madz28 Tune - 307/340 sae
    LT4 Clutch - Delteq Ignition - K&N CAI - Pacesetter LT Headers - Magnaflow Exhaust - Unbalanced Engineering/Koni Suspension
    LS1 Brakes/Drive Shaft - T2R Diff - 373's - much more...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BLK95-Z For This Post:

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    KYLE
    Vehicle
    95 MQBM Z28

Who's this idiot that broke a throttle cable and borrowed one ? Car must be a pile !

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dawdaw For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dawdaw View Post
    Who's this idiot that broke a throttle cable and borrowed one ? Car must be a pile !
    That idiot with the blue car!
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

LTXTech Sponsor

Status

Just so others are clear, we were both 75 miles from hotel BUT from different directions so just "swinging by" and checking on him was not an option..

We went to hotel first and unhitched the trailer and unloaded everything tht was not bolted down from interior and bed with full intentions of the trans being toast and had planned having to load evrything from interior and bed of hid truck and pulling his trailer and race car to hotel leaving his tow truck on side of the road to deal with the next day.

We picked up an $80 parts list (hose, clips, trans fluid, etc) that "might" fix trans on the way out and he was able to repair it on the side of the road.

Added a cpl more hrs to our already long trip (already 12 hrs on road for me and 14 hrs for Ray before this) but we got Josh taken care of and helped him the way we both would have liked to have been treated in the same situation since he was 6-7 (or ever how many) hours from home himself.

Lloyd

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NightTrain66 For This Post:

InActive Member

Status

Met both Ray and Lloyd this weekend, very nice and knowledgable guys. It's people like that that make the events so much fun.
    94 Camaro 11.28@118.21 NA

11. The Following User Says Thank You to matt94z For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Jeff Stark
    Vehicle
    1994 Firehawk

Josh, I agree Lloyd and Ray are straight up good guys. It was great seeing everyone again and parking lot party was great ! I have to thank the idiot in the blue car for allowing me to win my 6th first place title lol JK Kyle . The Certified performance guys did a good job at the track hats off to them.

Oh and Josh I don't always bring the fastest car but I bring a consistent car that usually goes rounds so it's not going to be easy.

Jeff
    2010,2011,2012, 2013, 2015 LTX Shootout Extreme Street NA Champion.
    2013 Modified N/A runner up. 2015 Mod NA Champ
    1994 Pontiac Firehawk #51 10.82 @ 121mph 1.37 sixty ft.

LTXTech Sponsor

Status

Bad hawk, that's what happens when you have an auto trans!!!!

Lloyd

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Jeff Stark
    Vehicle
    1994 Firehawk

Haha yeah and we gave him some grief for that to didn't we Lloyd.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Jeff
    2010,2011,2012, 2013, 2015 LTX Shootout Extreme Street NA Champion.
    2013 Modified N/A runner up. 2015 Mod NA Champ
    1994 Pontiac Firehawk #51 10.82 @ 121mph 1.37 sixty ft.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Badhawk For This Post:

LTX Master

Status
    Name
    Enrique
    Vehicle
    93 Z28

Man....... you all sound like some great people. One day I'll go for sure. I wont win jack. I just want to go have a great time.
    93 Z28, 383, PI 3200, Strange 12 bolt, 3.73, Strange coilovers, suspension, and going 24X... for three years or so.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 383z For This Post: