Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Default Mystery connectors

I'm trying to remove some of the unused connectors from the engine harness. My car has had the EVAP, EGR, and AIR systems removed.

Here is the first plug I can't ID. It's right next to the EVAP connector. The wires look to be purple and black.

Next, I beleive these are the AIR pump connectors. They come from the fuse box harness on the drivers side.

The last one is by the radiator on the drivers side where the airbox usually sits.

Any ideas what these could be?
    Last edited by rjc1629; 08-26-2015 at 01:18 PM.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Dan Dalessandro
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro Z28

Purple looking one in the second pic is for the MAF I think. And red is the AIRpump thing.
    The first one looks the EGR solenoid plug but I highly doubt that. I thought it was on the drivers side.
    I think the last ones could be the fans? Does the harness there move at all?
    Like I said I think. Anything under the airbox doesn't ring a ding ding in my head.

Not 100% sure on your car, but this might/wil help you http://shbox.com/1/harness.htm

14.307@98.21, 2.155 60'

97 Z28, M6 with stuff done to it. SHOOTING FOR 12s IN A BOLT ON LT1 BOYS

The purple connector comes from the fuse box just like the red one. All these connectors where unplugged while the car was up and running so it can't be the maf.

I have the egr solenoid labeled, its on the back of the intake.

The last connector has a few inches of lead but the main harness doesn't move there.

I saw the shbox diagram but the only connector on the engine harness is the first one and it's not in the diagram. The other connectors are on the body harness.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Dan Dalessandro
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro Z28

I'll take a peek at my car tomorrow if I have time.

14.307@98.21, 2.155 60'

That would be great, thanks.

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Dan Dalessandro
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro Z28

Just went out and looked for the connections. Negative on the one under the airbox and on the passenger side manifold area. But I think the passenger side plug is for another EVAP part. The big hockey puck thing.

Probably an insane long shot, but I know with K&N CAI, they don't fit cars with traction control or so they say. I wonder if that is like a plugin area for TC? I know it is located on the valve cover buuut. Likely a long shot

14.307@98.21, 2.155 60'

Thanks for checking for me. I found this pic on shbox for the evap system and there is only one plug (the red one in my first pic). But this is on a 95, so maybe 96 is different?

Now that I think about it, my cruise control has never worked. The cruise control module is right under that plug by the airbox... I'll have to look when I get home.
    Last edited by rjc1629; 08-26-2015 at 01:22 PM.

Ok, I found the plug on the intake. it looks like its for the evap purge valve on 96-97 only.