Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
BP-Automotive

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Dan Dalessandro
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro Z28

Default Headlights/fog upgrades?

Hey guys, I think this is the right section.

Anyways, I have a night class this semester and well my headlights suck. . They are an oil lamp compared to my parent's Enclave. I have mediocre night vision too..

Are there any upgrades out there besides Blackbird Lighting? I would like those, I just don't have the money to fork over because college kid. Maybe someone should buy me them?

Been looking into HIDs in the fogs. I know the blinding issue, its just that there is almost always nobody on the road on my way home from school. Also, there are Eurolights. I have no idea if they are good or bad. I know there is an "upgraded" headlight from silvania, but those are crap too. My car had them and I wasn't paying extra for diarrhea lol.

I'd like to not run over people in my camaro. Any other car, y'all better look out!

Any input/advice? And as always, thank you.

14.307@98.21, 2.155 60'

97 Z28, M6 with stuff done to it. SHOOTING FOR 12s IN A BOLT ON LT1 BOYS

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    jon
    Vehicle
    95 trans am

I'm running the hids in the fog lights. they are plenty of light to run at night by themselves. Although people do tell me they are blinding and I get the occasional last second bright light flash that people like to do these days.

As for headlights i installed the h4s in mine with the aftermarket housings of some sort and they were about the same brightness as stock. The housing is nothing fancy, but its new...I got then with the car.

I'm thinking about getting some hid bulbs to fit the h4 housing...I happen to have some ballasts...but hid kits that fit h4 housings are cheap anyway.

Also in my studying for this, I have found you can get the bulbs with the shields on them to help from blinding people so much.

I'm still learning on it like you, but there's what I kinda have done. Hopefully someone can give us more info

Edit: in conclusion I think your cheapest easiest bet would be hid fogs. Huge uphrade in brightness.
    Last edited by zoomo; 08-20-2015 at 11:16 AM.

If you can manage to mount up a correct projector housing for HID in the fog location, that would be your best economical bet IMO.

I <3 BLS HID kit
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Dan Dalessandro
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro Z28

For the fogs, I've heard of the housing melting. That's my biggest fear ya know.

Aside from that, what exactly do I need to make this "bolt in". Do I only need a 35W ballast and bulb? Or are there other parts I need?

14.307@98.21, 2.155 60'

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Dan Dalessandro
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro Z28

Believe me, I'm seriously considering buying the BLS light for next year. They look amazing.

I could always try to fit these in the fogs. Lol I had them in my headlights before and took them out in a week.
    uploadfromtaptalk1440088877554.jpeg

14.307@98.21, 2.155 60'

@blackbirdws6 can prob suggest some HID projector housings that may fit in fog location.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

VIP Member

Status
    Name
    KYLE
    Vehicle
    95 MQBM Z28

The fog lights off an 08 peterbilt will fit

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dawdaw For This Post:

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Dan Dalessandro
    Vehicle
    1997 Camaro Z28

Okay, well I'll see how much those are.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Kenworth-T660-....c100408.m2460

Edit: Found these, long ass URL too lol. I think I will use the angel eyes I have if I do go towards a path of removing the fogs. I don't really dig a circle in a square hole that much but we'll see.

They are bright as hell though..
    Last edited by Dan; 08-20-2015 at 04:26 PM.

14.307@98.21, 2.155 60'

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

I recently did Hella housings (H4 Conversion), Blinglight fogs (with LED halos wired up to parking light switch), and Osram night breaker bulbs in both housings. It was ~$150-170.

BLS's kits are amazing and if I ever want to go the projector route, that'd be it.

EDIT- Annnnd you have a Camaro. Sorry lol. I still say BLS has some nice kits for the Camaros, though. Good luck.

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

Moderator | Founding Member

Status
    Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    1994 Camaro Z28

I was astonished at the difference after installing HIDs in projectors for both low and fogs. Having tried other halogens before that, it is definitely the superior option. If you do decide to go that route, you'd still benefit from that crisp cutoff of projector lenses on even the cheaper eBay housings.
    [ Nick ]
    '94 Z. H/C/I with nearly every bolt on known to the f-body owner.

[ Album | FQuick ]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast