Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Jaylan Sears
    Vehicle
    1996 Trans Am WS6

Once again, I goofed. Both solenoids that move the bulbs do work. I was accidentally routing power from the drivers side output all the way through the wiring harness over to the passenger side when I was connecting a power source to test the solenoids. I just tested the drivers side by actually doing it correctly this time. I put power to the connector leading to the bulb assembly and the solenoid does work. Sorry about the confusion! So the solenoids are not the problem, both function properly. Another issue that's risen has come up since I put the new dimmer switch in. No matter how I adjust it, the blue hi beam light in the dash stays barely illuminated in the dash, just enough to annoy me. When I go to hi beams, it lights up fully. Going to swap back to my original switch tomorrow as I never had this problem before I installed the new switch.

96 Trans Am WS6
    73 Formula 400
    74 Trans Am

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Brian DeLuca
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

Glad the HID kit appears functionally. The high beam indicator is very odd. It seems you are getting some power back feeding through the high beam circuit. See if it goes out when you unplug the oem headlight connector from the HID kit wiring.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt - 10.2@140 / 777rwhp - Forever Dyno Queen
    17 Corvette Z06 - 11.05 @ 125
    17 GMC Sierra Denali Dmax

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    Jaylan Sears
    Vehicle
    1996 Trans Am WS6

I unplugged the OEM h4 style connectors from the hid wiring. With the drivers side unplugged and the passenger side connected, the light in the dash is completely dark when on low beams, as it should be. However, when I reconnect the drivers side plug and disconnect the passenger side plug, it gets brighter than it was with both sides connected. While toggling the dimmer switch, I actually got the high beams to flicker on for a second, then they went out again.

I've called a local automotive lighting shop and have scheduled to go in next week. I'm about to just bite the bullet and have a quality kit installed.

96 Trans Am WS6
    73 Formula 400
    74 Trans Am

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234