Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

I think he offered to do that for me but I declined. I have high hopes for the fixes I did, we will see.

Tranny mount was broken. Fixed it tonight, haven't scanned it or driven it, but you can see it sits up a lot higher. I will be racing it tomorrow.

Well, I'm at my wits end. I trimmed the tranny brace so it no longer touches, I fixed the tranny mount and went top to bottom looking for rattles and trying to find any places it was hitting. It still does the same thing.

The only thing I noticed is when I scan it, at initial start up, I get no spark retard or knock counts (except for the initial knock counts from start up).

It does not start until my EGR DC cell starts reading 12.5, then I get knock counts and spark retard, open and closed loop. This usually starts happens around 130 degrees Happens at low rpm, high rpm, cruising, part throttle, at all times I pretty much have 5 degrees of spark retard.

I don't have an EGR.

My CCP duty cycle will gradually climb to 100 then eventually shut off completely.

Other things to note, data master always says my oil temp is 34.2 F. I don't know if that's simply because we don't have an oil temp sensor.

Is there a connection or something that was not tuned out? @MoeHorsePower @Injuneer
    Last edited by 94ndta; 06-06-2016 at 04:13 PM.

So, my EGR solenoid valve is off the car, it was never plugged in. I didn't think much of it because with my initial tune, I told Solomon that I got rid of my EGR. Do I need to leave this plugged in? I can't test it now because it is raining, but I am wondering if I am headed in the right direction.

That didn't work. I have no more ideas.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

Does the oil temp indicate 32.4*F, or -32.4? The negative reading is what you usually get when there is no oil temp sensor.

Did you have a code for the EGR solenoid, or EGR flow? If not, it's been deleted. If you do have a code, it's possible the PCM is retarding timing in response to the code.

Just a stab in the dark.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

I just went back and reread the entire thread. What logging software are you using? If you can produce a .csv file showing the problem, I will take a look at it. No guarantees, but I've looked at hundreds of logs over the last 15 years, and every once in a while I get lucky.
    SOLD - GONE TO A (VERY) GOOD HOME ! - 94 Formula A3+1: 381ci forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / CC solid roller / TH400+GearVendors OD / 4.11 Strange 12-bolt / 300-shot N2O / Spohn Suspension / roll bar / MoTeC M48 Pro engine management system /a few other odds 'n ends.

I'm using DataMaster, it's a .umi file. I can see if I can convert it to .csv. I am not getting codes and the temp reading is -32.4F.

I may go back under the car and check the exhaust again. It looks like a have enough room, but maybe I am wrong. Motor mounts will be the next thing on my list of things to try.

If he headers were hitting, why would it pretty much only give me knock counts at or just before closed loop?
    Last edited by 94ndta; 06-08-2016 at 10:00 AM.

LTx Guru

Status
    Name
    Fred
    Vehicle
    1994 Formula - SOLD

DataMaster has a utility to produce a .csv file. I have DataMaster, and can open the .uni file, but I prefer to do the analysis in Excel, so the .csv is preferred. When you set up the .csv file, you have to select the fields you want to include. I have a list of my preferred setup, and I'll post it, but the gray on black format for this site makes copying and pasting a PITA. I just have to remember the embedded codes to convert the text to white.

[OK, got it]

1 - Runtime
    2 - RPM
    3 - MPH
    4 - TPS – Volts
    5 - TPS - %
    6 - MAP (kPa)
    7 - CLT Temp (Degrees F)
    8 - IA Temp (Degrees F)
    9 - IGN Volts
    10 - IAC Position
    11 - AFGS
    12 - SPARK ADV
    13 - SPARK RETARD
    14 - KNOCK COUNT
    15 - Injector BPW – Left
    16 - Injector BPW – Right
    16 - Fuel Trim Cell
    18 - Left O2
    19 - Right O2
    20 - Long Term – L
    21 - Long Term – R
    22 - Short Term – L
    23 - Short Term – R
    24 - CCP Duty Cycle
    25 - EGR Duty Cycle
    26 - Barometer
    27 - IAC Target
    28 - Idle RPM
    29 - Injector Duty Cycle – L
    30 - Injector Duty Cycle - R
    Last edited by Injuneer; 06-08-2016 at 11:51 AM.

I've got it, but the board won't let me attach a .csv. I can e-mail it to you if you want to PM me. Also, it only let me extract 29 cells, so I left off idle RPM.
    1994 Trans Am GT, stock 28k mi bottom end LE2 H/C/I , 1.6rr, LT4 KM, moroso cai, jet hot lts, hooker y-pipe, slp powerflo, 37# inj, 255 pump, built 4l60e, 2800 stall, spohn/hotchkis/qa1 suspension etc etc.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast