Become a ltxtech.com member, Click here to register!
CPT

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Default Looking to convert to H4 bulbs

I've been spending too much time lately shopping for some decent housings. http://www.amazon.com/Hella-165mm-Re.../dp/B000FNJ6FM These look great, but out of stock and I doubtful they even make them anymore.

What are some decent housings for my 94 bird? Last time I shopped around there were lots of options, but now it's pretty slim and mostly junk. I have no interest in HID's, I just want a decent housing with a regular bulb so i can throw a Silverstar Ultra or whatever in it.

Also, do I need a relay harness or anything or will one of those plug and play harnesses do the job?

Hopefully some vendors can chime in with their product offering.

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD
    2009 G8 GXP M6, full exhaust, catch can, cai, stereo
    1975 Olds 98 455 burnout machine/panty dropper | 1985 C10 new project

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

I spoke too soon, totally overlooked these:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._bw_g263_i7_sh

Harnesses are next. Not sure if something like this will work or if I need something a bit fancier: http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Automotiv...6V2DPD7Q4RGQFQ

1994 Trans Am Under the knife - but it's alive!!! (5.3 LM7/CPT 60e/QP 9") BUILD THREAD

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Brian DeLuca
    Vehicle
    1997 Trans Am WS6

The first link with the free form housings would be the way to go in my opinion. Check rallylights.com to see if they have them in stock. As for the connector, those will not convert the slanted ground oem to H4. You can depin the factory connector or hardwire in the conversion harness. The latter is more ideal if you don't care about cutting, soldering some wires.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt - 10.2@140 / 777rwhp - Forever Dyno Queen
    17 Corvette Z06 - 11.05 @ 125
    17 GMC Sierra Denali Dmax

InActive Member

Status
    Name
    jon
    Vehicle
    95 trans am

There were some of these lights with my car when i bought it and i just installed them. I'm not sure where they got the housing from, it was a decent fit. But i had to cut some off the back of the metal housing that the light sits inside of. Pretty simple once you get in there. It may not be an issue with all replacements.
    As for the connector, what blackbird said^^
    I just took the connector apart on mine and plugged in to the bulb. swapped the wires around until i had the high/low correct.

The lighting really doesnt seem any better, but its more of an even white light instead of like a beam of yellow light

Xtreme Member

Status
    Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    1994 Trans Am

Purchased, thanks for your input!

I may even have a harness that works from my IROC years ago, if not I have some new solder goodies on the way that'll make "light" work of hardwiring.